Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: 2010 Epi Custom EMGs

RockinJim

I had a Gibby LP standard that I ended up selling last year. I decided to go back into the LP world and picked up this Epi Custom Alpine white with EMGs 81/85. This thing is a beast and clearly outperforms my Gibby, plays nicer too. Paid $450 with mint Epi case.

What do you think?

EpiCustom1.jpg

EpiCustom2.jpg

Interesting, Jim!

Were those EMG's installed after market, or was the guitar originally sold that way? If they were added later, what kind of routing was done to accomodate the battery for the pups? I've never been a big EMG fan, myself, but somehow they look "right" to me on that beauty of a white custom!

Happy New Guitar Day!

Jim

Interesting, Jim!

Were those EMG's installed after market, or was the guitar originally sold that way? If they were added later, what kind of routing was done to accomodate the battery for the pups? I've never been a big EMG fan, myself, but somehow they look "right" to me on that beauty of a white custom!

Happy New Guitar Day!

Jim

They were installed aftermarket by the prior owner. All I know is they are the quick connect type EMGs meaning they snap in and out. In terms of tone, they might not sound great in other guitars but they sound awesome in a LP, give it a try. I have the original pups but would never change them back. Battery is in the larger back cavity. Definitely a big value add to a stock Epi IMO.

The Zakk Wyldes have maple necks. Weird for an LP, eh?

RTH, It is my understanding that many Gibby LP Customs from certain years have maple necks.......I could be wrong, but, I THINK my '78 Black GLPC had a maple neck...hmmm.....

Now, if Gibson and / or Epi would make a NECK THROUGH Les Paul (Like Agile does ), ..........................[thumbup] ....

Very nice Epi Custom by the way.....White just looks so nice on LPs.......

RTH, It is my understanding that many Gibby LP Customs from certain years have maple necks.......I could be wrong, but, I THINK my '78 Black GLPC had a maple neck...hmmm.....

Now, if Gibson and / or Epi would make a NECK THROUGH Les Paul (Like Agile does ), ..........................[thumbup] ....

Very nice Epi Custom by the way.....White just looks so nice on LPs.......

Thanks, dude. I agree. The white, gold and black is a classy look. Plus it plays well and sounds killer. No complaints.

I am familiar with Gibson/Epi producing maple fretboard LPs, but didnt know about the maple necks other than the Zakks. Pretty cool.

And yeah, a neck-thru would be really sweet.

A nice guitar, Jim.........But after finding this for the reply I made on the recent Zakk Wilde LP post, I'm currently having a serious GAS attack.

lg_eglcemebh.jpg

The spec on this looks amazing.........

Features:

Mahogany body

Highly-figured quilted maple Top

24 Jumbo Frets

Mahogany SpeedTaper satin finish set neck

Ebony Fingerboard

Eye-catching pearl knob

Strap-locks

Graphite nut

LockTone" locking Tune-O-Matic bridge/stopbar