Gibson Brands Forums

Snow Fall in Dixie

Bowdiddley

It was a cold low of 44 degrees here today, coldest day so far this year. I actually don't really miss 4 seasons. Just tellin' the truth.

Daughter is visiting her grandmother in Arkansas. Said she almost wrecked the car in the snow. Man I remember January there. Sounds nothing like northern Michigan or Canada though.

You wouldn't love it if you had it six months of the year, every year, year after year after year. [blink][crying]

I was laughing today because on the horse forum I frequent, some girl from Georgia posted they'd just experienced "a blizzard". So she posts pictures. There's a light frosting of slushy melting snow [laugh][lol]

One man's blizzard is another man's frosting.

Some of the dumbest drivers are Chicargo drivers. I used to work in and around 'The City'. These numb skulls won't even THINK of slowing down for snow and ice until they see cars on the guard rail. It never fails, the first slick day, most everybody wants to drive 8 miles over the speed limit like they used to... until they wreck.... idiots. After that MOST drive sanely, but just enough don't that it keeps driving in 'The City' interesting. Maybe they're Mississippi transplants... that or Joliet. Needless to say I do not drive to "the City" this time of year and rarely the rest of the year.

I just got off the phone with a friend in North Dakota . He said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling. The temperature is dropping below zero and the north wind is increasing. His wife has done nothing but look through the kitchen window all day. He says that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her in.

I just got off the phone with a friend in North Dakota . He said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling. The temperature is dropping below zero and the north wind is increasing. His wife has done nothing but look through the kitchen window all day. He says that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her in.

ROFL!! Voted!

[scared] :unsure: .......................[lol] [lol] [lol] ...................................................In Portland OR, when it snows a quarter inch, there's 24/7 news coverage, and warnings about 3" snow drifts............

Archived