Gibson Brands Forums

Evol and Dub-T

Silenced Fred

Plugged into my Line 6 for headphone usage since its 11 o'clock and everyone else is asleep, started listening to some Nels Cline and tweaked with the controls on my Fuzz factory, and I think I have found it. It's a great sustain sound, the volume is right at noon, gate is all the way down, comp is just a hair up from nothing, drive is at 10:30 and stab is at 2. It's pretty sweet

BTW, Evol- Nels Cline is a crazy cat! That man can play like no other and his jazz masters leave me astounded. His vibrato is so sweet and adds just that little bit. It's amazing

Just had to say that [biggrin]

Plugged into my Line 6 for headphone usage since its 11 o'clock and everyone else is asleep, started listening to some Nels Cline and tweaked with the controls on my Fuzz factory, and I think I have found it. It's a great sustain sound, the volume is right at noon, gate is all the way down, comp is just a hair up from nothing, drive is at 10:30 and stab is at 2. It's pretty sweet

Ace! Glad you are digging the FuzzFactory. My go to with her is a slightly modified Velcro fuzz. Every once and a while I get up to the space by myself and run her through some exercises. So many killer sounds out of that beauty. Sometimes I get her oscillating to the point I have to unplug the pedal to get it to stop. Kind of like a UFO landing on your house.

BTW, Evol- Nels Cline is a crazy cat! That man can play like no other and his jazz masters leave me astounded. His vibrato is so sweet and adds just that little bit. It's amazing

Yeah, he is one of a kind. Sadly, I have only scratched the surface on his work outside of Wilco. The Coltrane album is beyond words. Humbles me like no other player. I love his mix of jazz chops and Church of the Sonic Guitar noise. His lap steel playing is insane too; everything from mellow crescendos to hard blues slide. I love that in Wilco he has a lot of room to stretch out.

Being a big Sonic Youth and MBV fan the Jazzmaster has been top on my list of dream guitars. Watching Nels play just amplifies this desire.

Ace! Glad you are digging the FuzzFactory. My go to with her is a slightly modified Velcro fuzz. Every once and a while I get up to the space by myself and run her through some exercises. So many killer sounds out of that beauty. Sometimes I get her oscillating to the point I have to unplug the pedal to get it to stop. Kind of like a UFO landing on your house.

Yeah, he is one of a kind. Sadly, I have only scratched the surface on his work outside of Wilco. The Coltrane album is beyond words. Humbles me like no other player. I love his mix of jazz chops and Church of the Sonic Guitar noise. His lap steel playing is insane too; everything from mellow crescendos to hard blues slide. I love that in Wilco he has a lot of room to stretch out.

Being a big Sonic Youth and MBV fan the Jazzmaster has been top on my list of dream guitars. Watching Nels play just amplifies this desire.

I just changed it up again, its closer to a the velcro fuzz setting myself, but a little more open for some sustain.

I'll have to check his Coltrane record out then, just listening to the Wilco stuff. His jmasters are out of this world, and Theedy isn't too shabby with his SGs either... I love it. Great stuff

We'll be an army of fuzzaholics sporting Jensen speaker t-shirts.

My goal is to outfit my casual wear with guitar brands

I got Dunlop and Fender so far, total of five shirts, hope to add two of the Jensens since they are cheap

Hoping to actually get some Jensen speakers for the Sunn, thinking of making a a 2x12 cabinet and turn the combo into a head... I need money

I just figured how to get the most awesome sustainalicious velcro fuzz.

I set my Fuzz Factory to a ridiculously gated and compressed sound that would normally have zero sustain and then I run my SHO into the FF set for maximum boost. It sounds even more velcro-ish and has a bunch of sustain so you can actually use it.

I just figured how to get the most awesome sustainalicious velcro fuzz.

I set my Fuzz Factory to a ridiculously gated and compressed sound that would normally have zero sustain and then I run my SHO into the FF set for maximum boost. It sounds even more velcro-ish and has a bunch of sustain so you can actually use it.

That sounds like an injury waiting to happen. I love it!

Archived