Gibson Brands Forums

Which Music Sharing Site Do You Use ?

damian

This is a bit new to me.....I need a You-Tube account to post videos.....and I want to choose a music sharing site to post music on....Some use Myspace, and I'm seeing those who post music on sites

use different sites....Please educate me on which site you use and why; ie, specific reasons, and the plusses and minuses of the sites....I finally want to join in and share a little bit as well...

And, I enjoy all the music that you all post.........Thank you.........................

I use Songramp and Ourstage. Songramp is more an american type bunch that are into writers of songs, That have other writers and musicians by listening to your songs and give opinions. Ourstage is international. Putting your songs into a larger scope in the music. This also has fan's that vote on your music. I've been members of these sights since 07 and I enjoy both because of the Difference of people in them. Check them out you might enjoy. [thumbup]

I use Songramp and Ourstage. Songramp is more an american type bunch that are into writers of songs, That have other writers and musicians by listening to your songs and give opinions. Ourstage is international. Putting your songs into a larger scope in the music. This also has fan's that vote on your music. I've been members of these sights since 07 and I enjoy both because of the Difference of people in them. Check them out you might enjoy. [thumbup]

Thank you Steven, I will check them out......I,m still getting back into the fold.....Which method do you use or recommend for a fast track copyright of music ?

I should have included this question in the original post...........

Sonogramp sounds perfect for me....my recording studio is disassembled, but I can wing home recordings, and the more I record, the more I'll write....which can be a lot.....and I need more inspiration to light more fires under my butt...................Thank you.....

After my brief stint on stage I ended up buying a handheld multi track recorder for a great deal, and being able to record myself has been a huge boon to my playing, I'm actually learning about structuring songs now! I don't use a music website either, so I'll keep tabs and learn along with you damian.

I did the youtube thing.

With a basic recording rig and some digital photos you can rig something up. Even the "moviemaker" that came with XP works well enough, I think. At least for "folk music." <grin>

m

For some reason, all of the YouTube videos I have tried to make have turned up incompatible.

So I use purevolume.com because it seems to work alright, some big names are on it, and it runs pretty professionally.

I also use a soundcloud.com account because it links up with facebook fairly well so I can share it with my friends on there. it's a very easy set up, if I can say so myself

As you know, Damian, I've only ever used Youtube for small comparison snippets but it seems to work well enough for my needs.

Program-wise I use Windows Live Movie Maker (comes pre-loaded on Windows 7) as an editing tool. It's really basic but that's as much as I can understand...

I'll be checking up those sites listed by others too so I can possibly find one with a faster upload speed...

Looking forward to your clips, D !

P.

After my brief stint on stage I ended up buying a handheld multi track recorder for a great deal, and being able to record myself has been a huge boon to my playing, I'm actually learning about structuring songs now! I don't use a music website either, so I'll keep tabs and learn along with you damian.

Good deal....we'll get this all down right.....

For some reason, all of the YouTube videos I have tried to make have turned up incompatible.

So I use purevolume.com because it seems to work alright, some big names are on it, and it runs pretty professionally.

I also use a soundcloud.com account because it links up with facebook fairly well so I can share it with my friends on there. it's a very easy set up, if I can say so myself

Thank you Nathan...I'll sign up for both purevolume and soundclick.......As I thought, it's turning out that most of my master recordings are gone; stolen and otherwise, so, looks like I'll be starting from scrap, unless I can track copies down...I'm a recluse now, so, looks like from scratch...bummer........

As you know, Damian, I've only ever used Youtube for small comparison snippets but it seems to work well enough for my needs.

Program-wise I use Windows Live Movie Maker (comes pre-loaded on Windows 7) as an editing tool. It's really basic but that's as much as I can understand...

I'll be checking up those sites listed by others too so I can possibly find one with a faster upload speed...

Looking forward to your clips, D !

P.

Thank you Pippy....I haven't checked out the Movie Maker yet, but I am aware it's there, and easy to use..My new vid camera is basic, but YouTube dumbs down the pixels anyways, as far as sound quality, well, I'm stuck with my current vid camera...I already have songs picked out to post on You-Tube..You will like them...Gonna introduce a lovely '72 Epi with a jazz song...... .

I signed up for Songramp as well.....I should be hanging out with other songwriters.........................

Soundcloud - easily the finest audio sharing site out there, bar none. Most popular too.

soundcloud.com

Lossless downloads, ability to comment on specific track sections, very polished, a great search engine, excellent content (if you can think of it it's on there), search/playback apps for mac/iphone/ipad, sound quality better than myspace/soundclick, no advertisements, is currently experiencing exponential growth.

Soundclick on the other hand hasn't been updated in about 10 years and is very stark in comparison.

Thank you Mcmurray.....sounds great..good to know info..........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ...........

As per bandcamp, sounds great as well....My 'ready to sell' masters are gone (theft, fire, other), so, gotta start from scratch.....but, it's good to line up all the new ducks in a row in order to be ready, and to be better protected this time.......Thank you so much.......................

P.

I do it the same way as you, by using movie make and jst uploading it straight to youtube.

I use the XP version of movie maker. Record from the acoustic-electric amp that lets me get volumes for mike and guitar set. The add photos to the music in moviemaker. It's free and doesn't work all that poorly. It'd be better with a real vid, but... I'm still strictly a still photo person. <grin>

Movie maker in the XP version is pretty easy to do the above with. And you can check out what you've done before it's final. The uploading to youtube probably is more difficult; it's not all that hard either.

m

I use the XP version of movie maker. Record from the acoustic-electric amp that lets me get volumes for mike and guitar set. The add photos to the music in moviemaker. It's free and doesn't work all that poorly. It'd be better with a real vid, but... I'm still strictly a still photo person. <grin>

Movie maker in the XP version is pretty easy to do the above with. And you can check out what you've done before it's final. The uploading to youtube probably is more difficult; it's not all that hard either.

m

Such a SHORT post Milod !!!!! Thank you.....I have Windows 7........Used to have Linux........I do have a new vid camera, but it only has an internal mike; but, I've done enough studio work to get a decent sound from it.......It will be nice to be able to insert photos in a vid as well.........The help thus far has introduced me to some good sites, and I have joined up to some.....The vid camera came with uploading software, so, we'll figure it out without much problem..I look forward to providing links for many members.......Thanks Milod....

Archived