Gibson Brands Forums

What is a nighthawk?

Gibson Artist

I was watching some videos on youtube and i saw this new Gibson re issue of a guitar called the nighthawk. It has 3 distintively different looking pickups and a sort of les paul kinda of shape with a whammy bar and was wondering if anyone here owns it or can give me more info?

The slanted pickups were curious to me and i was wondering if any can explain the types of sounds each pickup can give?

It's a remake of a single cutaway guitar originally released in 1993, the reissue custom will be made out of Mahogany, flamed maple top and an ebony fretboard. It also includes coil splitting so you can get about several distinctive sounds out of the pups.

My Fireburst is on pre-order currently, I can't wait till it gets here around May/June.

It's a remake of a single cutaway guitar originally released in 1993, the reissue custom will be made out of Mahogany, flamed maple top and an ebony fretboard. It also includes coil splitting so you can get about several distinctive sounds out of the pups.

My Fireburst is on pre-order currently, I can't wait till it gets here around May/June.

Thank you for the info, that's a long time to wait but it looks like quite a versatile instrument.

I think this is going to be a great guitar and I will probably buy one in trans black. I think they could have done more with their wiring options.

There are two positions that do the exact same thing - coil cut on the bridge humbucker. I would be nice to perhaps have the 2nd position operate both humbuckers or even all 3 pups at one time? I'm not sure if that's possible but I'm already thinking how to mod this guitar to get more tones out her.

Also, Seymour Duncan is going to come out with a replacement pup for that slanted bridge pup.

Seymour Duncan - '59 or JB

I've had mine on order since beginning of the week.They say it will be shipped out by Feb. 18 or 15, something like that..

Music 123 online, $ 299... That's what I'm paying for mine for mine...greensmilies-020.gif!!

Oh, and I was going to get the trans amber, but ended up ordering the Honey, as usual...

I know, I boring with always getting the Honey....Re-isssue custom..

Archived