Gibson Brands Forums

Opinions on Gibson Custom 1960 Les Paul Plaintop Reissue VOS

Fishman9898

hello, fishman! my reply will be of limited value since i've not played a '60 VOS. i do, however, have a pair of '58 plaintop RI VOSs and they are wonderful guitars.

my info is that the necks will be different between the '58s and the '60s. so, given that '58 and '60 plain tops will be similar in appearance, i'd suggest playing both if you can, in case one neck shape or the other suits you better.

good luck with your quest! eljay

• 2 weeks later...

Playing since 1964 and Ive played maybe three Les Paul guitars all were ok but had the opportunity at the Guitar Center to try a Les Paul VOS 1960 about 2 years ago it was a lightning strike and found it to be the best Ive played to this date keeper for sure .

If Im correct they had a 58 or a 59 as well not sure but the 60 just seemed to suit me better so I took it home . They had two of the 60s versions both played about the same and for some reason I prefer the plain top versions they just are more appealing to me .

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I ve Got a LP R0 pre historic with a 60's neck slim tapper. I can't talk i've never change this guitare. it's so confortable.

I'm just try another brand and style (because i want to complete my collection ) but now, it 's so difficult to find the same playability of my

R0. It's a personnaly taste but try before. If you love this neck, so you can be suprised for your futur progress. Nice choice !!

Sam from France

I almost pulled the trigger on that MF model with the exclusive autumn burst! I love 60's necks and that is one heck of a beautiful plain top finish. I would see if they can send you pics of the one you might buy so that you can be happy with the top. You can't go wrong there. They're excellent players!

Archived