Gibson Brands Forums

2004 EPIPHONE ELITE on EBAY (FIXER) ►

louweed

I don't know what your expirience level is as far as guitar repair goes but even if the auction stays where it's at right now the cost of fixing that kind of break ( a proper fix and refinsh in the fractured area ) is going to have you right at the cost for a used one without any issues. Also as mentioned a no return policy on a damaged guitar is kind of a deal breaker for me.

mgm

I looked up some recent auctions on ebay, three Elite/Elitist LP's sold for $765, $789 & $800 respectivly and two at $745 & $900 recieved no bids. The break/fracture looks fairly clean, hopefully you can find a buyer that can fix it without having to put alot of $$$ into it.Good luck with your auction!

mgm

You also have a Gibson es 335 listed on ebay with a broken headstock. Either you're buying these cheap to resell, or you've got incredibly bad luck!

ha! no these were project guitars i bought few years back from a dealer. now i'm back at work, so my pet projects are gonna have to wait. ;)

If that guitar was a car that had been in an accident, the insurance guy would call it a "write off" it has no value and if someone buys it, well you're going really well.

What? Are you saying that the guitar has no value? If so, I'd have to disagree. Elitists have Bookmatched bodies and maple caps, USA pickups, bone nuts, hand-rubbed finishes, etc. Not to mention that they are highly sought after. The headstock break looks clean and easily repairable. Moreso, Gibson/Epiphone LPs are notorious for those type of breaks. They are repaired all the time.

I dont know if the current asking price reflects the actual value of the guitar it its present condition, but it is certainly not a lost cause. The repairs can easily be done for next to nothing if you dont mind the looks of a crack in the headstock. It may not be pretty, but if done correctly, it will be more solid and stable than it was before the break.

Archived