Gibson Brands Forums

12 String Capo

Johnt

Just a quick question please?

Any recommendation for a capo for my SWD 12.

The shubb I have is just not holding no matter how much care I take seating it.

Mind you it's brass and about 25 years old

Thanks

JOhn

Just a quick question please?

Any recommendation for a capo for my SWD 12.

The shubb I have is just not holding no matter how much care I take seating it.

Mind you it's brass and about 25 years old

Thanks

JOhn

Johnt-I bought a new Shubb Deluxe or Supreme or some such name. It's on my Alvarez and giving me dirty looks for not having picked it up in about 3 weeks. It seems to get the job done.

K guys

Thanks I will check those out.

I have to admit I do like the Kyser, it has stood the test of time for the J45.

There's something about 12 strings necks though convex/flat etc, think I will take the guiatr in and try a few

BR

J

"Johnt"

It sounds to me that you need to get a new shubb!! (for a 12 string)

I use a shubb & love it. I also have a G7th, it cost a lot & INHO isn't any better that the shubb. It is a little easier to use, but not better!!

I have a 12 string Schubb, but it is VERY hard to hold down 12 strings with a schubb....I had some that screwed down where you can actually add pressure once it is in place....but it holds good and puts things out of tune.....12 strings are just hard to capo....good luck

JT-the Shubb I have is listed as being for a 12-string and looks less like a Finechetto Rib Spreader than the Kaiser.

You nearly got me there !

Spot the difference!

It's some Finochietto Rib Spreaders!

Image.jpg

and a Kyser!

t_407.jpg

Big thanks to all of you.

I have heard much of the G7th and with Mike's recommendation for his SWD12 methinks I will start there and work down/up.

Without being ungrateful to others I was hoping for the opinion of another SWD12 owner as my expectation would be that the necks were reasonably similar.

Wily I so agree with the shubb my top E seems forever muted. I was kind of wondering as the shubbs I have for the 6 strings are fine, as long as I take the trioble to seat them properly. As you say 12 strings are hard to capo but it's my chosen weapon an d it's hard to go up the neck in barre too!

Archived