Gibson Brands Forums

GIBSON USA MADE, NOT EPIPHONE ACE FREHLEY

BUYSELLBROKER

Does anyone know if GIBSON made an Ace Frehley model Les Paul, NOT Epiphone?

If so, what were the years of manufacture, etc., ?

I bought one on eBay and I am not sure if I got a deal or am being scammed.

Here is My link

Thanks,

John

Well John I am not an expert but somethings don't look right. I would assume with the binding that the frets would be covered also. Low e tuner looks out of wack and the headstock just don't look right. Maybe he can provide you with a serial number and you can verify if before you pay. Good Luck

Does anyone know if GIBSON made an Ace Frehley model Les Paul, NOT Epiphone?

If so, what were the years of manufacture, etc., ?

I bought one on eBay and I am not sure if I got a deal or am being scammed.

Here is My link

Thanks,

John

Yes Gibson made 2 different Ace Frehley Les Pauls. One was a custom shop model and the other was a regular Gibson USA model.

Unfortunately the one in your link is neither. It's 100% fake!

Thank you to the members who replied to my request for their opinion.

So far, the seller refuses to respond to my questions about the authenticity of his item. My questions were simple and direct as follows: "I have some questions I need answered.

The headstock shows the guitar is made by Gibson, not Epiphone, in the USA, with the serial number. The serial number shows a manufacturer date in 2005, but you list the item as new. What's up with that?

All I want to know is, once I make payment, are you sending me a Gibson, made in America, Les Paul Ace Frehley with a Gibson hardcase or is this a scam?

JOHN"

In the law of evidence, a failure to respond or refusing to deny a charge of fraud is an admission of guilt.

I will not make payment and may be kicked off Ebay, but it's better than trying to get my money back on this deal from a liar, fake or fraud.

Thanks again!

John [thumbup]

GOOD NEWS!

I contacted eBay, reported the transaction, and contacted the seller one last time requesting cancellation of the deal.

The seller send me a link cancelling the entire matter.

This is the first time and hopefully the last time members of a forum have help me out.

THANKS AGAIN!

John

E-bay know there are a lot of people pushing fake Gibsons and Epiphones, if you notify them about suspicious listings they usually take them off quickly, and sometimes delete the sellers' account. Of course, they just re-register under a new name...in the UK E-BAY will allow people to sell fake replicas as long as (a) the listing makes it clear it is not a genuine original Gibson, and (B) the pics don't show a Gibson logo.

Archived