Gibson Brands Forums

I think I want an SG

chaszasz

Mine was made in China and it's awesome. IMO people make way to big of a deal out of the "Made in Korea" thing. If you can, play one of each and then decide. I think the Epi's nowadays that are made in China are fine guitars. Just one man's opinion, I'm sure others will disagree.

yea, i think people give too much Kudos to the Korean built guitars. probably when production moved to China there would have been a settling in period while they got their act together and sorted out quality control.

I have a MIK SG 400 and i have a MIC Ibanez, and both are well built good playing guitars that are nicely finished. I am proud to own both.

I've got a SG that I bought in '05 so I'm not sure if it's Chinese or Korean but I love the darn thing. It's a 400 Deluxe with the flamed maple top and the vintage sunburst or tabacco burst finish. I put a older Dimarzio super distortion in the bridge position and recently put a Dimarzio

D activator in the neck and it sounds delicious! In other words, I don't think it matters.

I've owned and played Korean & Chinese SG's and they to me are NO DIFFERENT.

The only difference advantage to getting Korean SG's are Plastic Gibson tuners & in some cases the cherry looks beter, but thats it!

In my time I've had 5 SG's (MIK Cherry, MIK LPC, MIC 400 Neg, MI? 66 White & MIC 66 SilverB

In the end its a question more of LOOKS & how close to a Gibson you want it...

I will say tho DON'T BUY a G310 the frets are AWFUL PERIOD!

thanks for the reply folks.I'm in a bit of a fog though,which one? Are the prophecy or the Iomi worth the dough or should I just stick with a custom,cant really think clearly this evening,I was cut of and smashed my coach this afternoon....pissed off and kind of kind of emberassed about it,and I have to drive 700 miles to report it to the co.CRAP

Archived