Gibson Brands Forums

Look what I found . . .

canon_mutant

These pics do NOT do this guitar justice. It looks way better in person.

Sadly, they are special order only so I have to wait 10 weeks.

And there's that whole buying unplayed risk but the dealer will send it back if I don't like it for any reason.

Been wanting a LP I am not afraid to leave the house with, unlike my R9.

This should do nicely and only $1865 + tax.

A real brick but that's a good thing to me. These tend to come in around 10 lbs.

132441334.jpg

132441464.jpg

Thanks, mid-April before I see it. But the main reason I posted was I didn't even know these were available in Wine Red or through special order either. Thought special order only came out of the Custom side of the business.

That's really what I wanted to share in case others weren't aware of it either. Traditionals are great guitars and getting one in a non-standard color is kinda cool too. Plus, like I said, these pics don't do it justice. That wine red color with the plus flame top is really gorgeous.

waiting patiently . . .

Nice. Love the back too. Good luck and don't stare at pictures too much for the next 10 weeks.

Sadly, my guitar back may not be that gorgeous but the front could be more so.

These were just pics off of Wildwood.

Don't know what mine will look like until it gets here. But that's part of the fun . . . anticipation.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you order it from? I'm very much interested in purchasing another Les Paul (right now I have a Vintage Mohagony Studio) and really want one in wine red with pickup covers. It reminds me of my father's 76 Les Paul Standard in that color. I was told that GC had the Traditional Pro in wine red, but I want covered pickups. Thanks in advance!

Sadly, my guitar back may not be that gorgeous but the front could be more so.

These were just pics off of Wildwood.

Don't know what mine will look like until it gets here. But that's part of the fun . . . anticipation.

Too bad the dealer you're getting it from can't snap a few digital pictures and send them to you. I asked for some when I ordered mine in 2007 from First Quality Music and they sent me about 30 pictures.

Very nice. I have an Iced Tea Trade Pro + and absolutely worship the fcker. Seeing that red flame on yours almost makes me jealous. Enjoy sir. The weight relief rather than chambered and the 57 Classic+ are a great combo. Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone from Gibson verify the availability of the Les Paul Traditional in Wine Red? Guitar Center was clueless (go figure?!) and kept trying to sell me a Traditional Pro. I contacted Sweetwater Music and they had heard nothing also. I'd very much love to pull the trigger on a new Les Paul, and one in Wine Red would only make it sweeter!

Archived