Gibson Brands Forums

FuzzFactory assault

EVOL!

I know I have some fellow FuzzFactory fuzzaholics on this board so thought I would share a story from last night's Church of the Sonic Guitar service/sermon.

My FuzzFactory has been kicking my *** lately. Last night I caught her oscillating out of control (tweaking the compression and stability knobs can entice this). Took me a few minutes to figure out that I had to crank the compression to get it to stop. You also get even more tasty Velcro tone this way. Only problem with this is that I lose sustain and the ability to create radio static by rubbing my palms up and down the strings. Sometimes compression can be a gate's evil twin.

Guess I'll be doing more knob turning while playing. I already do this with my Carbon Copy to get the delays cascading and to adjust the pitch for that UFO landing on your roof sound. Someday I'll have gas/expression pedals for all of my stomp boxes.

I know I have some fellow FuzzFactory fuzzaholics on this board so thought I would share a story from last night's Church of the Sonic Guitar service/sermon.

My FuzzFactory has been kicking my *** lately. Last night I caught her oscillating out of control (tweaking the compression and stability knobs can entice this). Took me a few minutes to figure out that I had to crank the compression to get it to stop. You also get even more tasty Velcro tone this way. Only problem with this is that I lose sustain and the ability to create radio static by rubbing my palms up and down the strings. Sometimes compression can be a gate's evil twin.

Guess I'll be doing more knob turning while playing. I already do this with my Carbon Copy to get the delays cascading and to adjust the pitch for that UFO landing on your roof sound. Someday I'll have gas/expression pedals for all of my stomp boxes.

That's the problems I have been running into. I get too much oscillation and then have to crank the compression, creating the velcroness of it, but removing all sustain which is what I really want. If you find a nice setting, let me know about it.

I'll see if I can copy it, I have a recording on my iPhone that's me just tooling around with the Carbon Copy turning all the knobs and getting a "trance" beat out of it without even touching the guitar, goes from aliens talking to a UFO landing, to giant bass drops

Want hear!

My drummer and I have been super lazy on recording. We have older demos on our myspace page (see my signature for link). Check out the end of Sonic the Hedgehog for some FuzzFactory enlightenment.

In two weeks we are going to do more recording and have vocals. Stay tuned.

That's funny I just did that two days ago. I got it oscillating like crazy and I turned the gate and comp up in tiny incrimants until there was just barely no oscillation and it sounded badass.

If I run my SHO set high into a velcro fuzz setting I get all the sustain I want with max velcro. Since the SHO is first it doesn't even make it louder it just rocks the FF.

Evol I see legit SHO clones come up on another forum for $30 bucks all the time. That's pretty much the cost of parts. If you want me to send you a link next time I will. I also just saw a handpainted zvex one for $100.

Archived