Gibson Brands Forums

Crate Palomino V16

Kimbabig

Hey guys, just got this, last good amp crate made. Guy who had it before me had it in an ugly cabinet with a white covering, looking to fix that, or not, whatever. Just got home to play it so recording has sloppy playing (but when isn't it?) It is basically an ac15 copy. The cleans on it are immaculate. Plus I play 3 doors riffs.

Demo

My friend has an old Palomino. I'm not sure about the model (I don't even know if they made different versions) but it's a tube 1x12 combo with white tolex. It's pretty sweet.

Literally every other amp I've ever heard from Crate was absolutely horrible. I have a little Crate combo and it is hands down the worst sounding amp I've ever heard.

Hey guys, just got this, last good amp crate made. Guy who had it before me had it in an ugly cabinet with a white covering, looking to fix that, or not, whatever. Just got home to play it so recording has sloppy playing (but when isn't it?) It is basically an ac15 copy. The cleans on it are immaculate. Plus I play 3 doors riffs.

Demo

I almost bought one used for like 200, its a good sounding amp. It can get pretty gainy too if I remember correctly

This thing sounds amazing in my kitchen, all those maple cabinets and floors creating those great acoustics [drool] This thing sounds much better outside of recording. Hopefully my KOT will come in soon, but I don't know how it will play with pedals. I think my Palomino is a Made in USA one, as it says on the reverb spring plate.

I have a little 60W solid state Crate combo that has the best clean channel I have ever heard. The distortion sucks but it's great if you really want to crank a Muff Pie or something. Oh.... they also work after being under water. Handy bit of info to have.

Archived