Gibson Brands Forums

Your first love....

Searcy

My first guitar was a Sears Stella, back in the late 70's. Then me and my brothers found an old busted up K-Mart guitar (cheep $25 guitars that now sell for big $ on ebay) in a neighbors garbage one day. Hey poor kids do that. So I took the electrics and neck and made a body in shop class. Could it be the prototype of the Hamer Scepter V?

NnaC1.jpg

Then we shared a Silvertone. My brother still has that one, the case amp still works.That's the "one". With three of us playing her, she got kind of worn out.

6KXMp.jpg

First bass was a Kay EB? copy. Then a no name Jazz Bass copy from a mail order place called The Music Factory. That's another one I wish I still had. It was a nice copy and the case was a well made case. It wasn't one of those cheep particleboard ones.

Sometimes I work for Six String Bliss, the longest running guitar podcast on the interwebs. We have interviewed folks like Steve Vai, John 5 and Paul Gilbert and George Gruhn and the first two questions we always ask, which I now pose to you, are....

1 What was your first guitar...?

2 Do you still have it?

my first was a jackson, transparant red with shark fin inlays and floyd rose.

i sold it after 6 months and bought a guitar off my teacher, a fender strat usa deluxe with lace sensors and maple neck with pink...yes...pink! body, wish i still had it B)

• 1 month later...

Archived