Gibson Brands Forums

SB Explorer mod, and Plum Crazy

chase1410

I swapped the TRC and PG on my Thunderhorse Silverburst Explorer...really digging it, and the guy who I dealt with was great, doing everything he worked on from scratch. The first PG I got made from him didnt quite fit, so he made me another that fit like a glove. Since he did that for me, I bought a custom TRC from him as well that I originally was going to put on my traditional but decided to go ahead and put on my explorer....I also waited for about a month for my Plum Crazy custom Treble Treble Boost. This is a one of a kind custom creation, using an OC71 transistor. I've fallen deeply in love with it, and never thought that a treble booster would give me so much axcess to so many saturated tones...Treble Boost really is not a good defining name for it..its like a fuzz, booster, and OD all combined in one that sounds it's best when you set your amp or dirt pedal to low-mid gain settings...I love it to say the least.

EXPLORER BEFORE :

183629_1857099395177_1471628963_2035775_3902232_n.jpg

EXPLORER AFTER:

190656_1878388887401_1471628963_2074429_2165373_n.jpg

189749_1878408407889_1471628963_2074476_5340951_n.jpg

195903_1878408287886_1471628963_2074475_729736_n.jpg

183085_1878409647920_1471628963_2074481_4355494_n.jpg

Plum Crazy Custom Treble Treble Boost

184257_1878408607894_1471628963_2074477_6656198_n.jpg

And revised Pedalboard

189345_1878409127907_1471628963_2074479_6246487_n.jpg

I'm thinkin the FT Fatboost is gonna go, now there is really no more need for it..Now I needneed to think of what pedal to replace it with.. [thumbup]

Thought you guys would enjoy some pics.

YEAH

That Explorer is so metal!

I'm jealous of the treble booster. Now I want one! Nice pedalboard.

Thanks for the kind words Dub, I forgot to post the TRC, (just did), ..You should check out the Squawk or like I said in another post he's making a few more similar to mine..it was definitley worth the price and is just plain kick ***. Did your Strymon come today? did it come with the favoite pedal?

What exactly is the Treble Treble boost?

Looks sick man, I am envious of you

well TECHNICALLY it's a treble boost...but it's just so much more..you can listen to sound clips on Plum Crazy site of the SQUAWK for a rough reference...It's pretty hard to describe it. The freq switch sets how much treble is boosted or cut..(to my ears at least) and can add some deep flavor to your riffs, or lighten up them up accordingly. Great for SC's or humbuggies. It's just awesome, and I'd never thought I'd say this, but this may be my favorite pedal. I rolled the dice and took a gamble, of not trying or hearing before buying, but it was definitely worth the risk IMO.

nah..doesnt really need it though IMO with the 3 pos freq toggle. I dont think the Squawk does either...Any other models you were looking at?

Yeah, the Analog Man Beano Boost and the Throbak Strangemaster.

Thanks for the kind words Dub, I forgot to post the TRC, (just did), ..You should check out the Squawk or like I said in another post he's making a few more similar to mine..it was definitley worth the price and is just plain kick ***. Did your Strymon come today? did it come with the favoite pedal?

Dang. That TRC is sweet.

How does the treble booster sound when you run it into fuzz?

No it just shipped out yesterday so it should be a couple days. It didn't come with the favorite pedal but I got it used and it has the power supply and box and all that swag. The favorite switch looks cool. As it is, I may have to get one. If they make a new one that holds more presets and is still pedalboard friendly, I'll definately have to get one. But sheewt. Those favorite pedals are expensive.

that is problably the coolest, cleanest, and most classy, tasty explorer i have ever seen. in my mind, my new favorite explorer color/paint combo.

do you only have black and white photos?

Thanks alot Stein! No I dont have any yet, but sure is a good idea! And I didnt know they had a new favorite switch Dub...is it still 50$?

No they don't have a new one. I'm just hoping they make one that holds more presets. Yep they're $50.

Fred - I've never heard of anyone doing that I'm not sure if it's possible. The Brigadier is sweet.

That would be wild!

If I could run more than one Favorite pedal, holy jesus!

Part of me wants to get the Line 6 DL4 then run it with the Expression pedal so you can blend two of the presets together

That would be wild!

If I could run more than one Favorite pedal, holy jesus!

Part of me wants to get the Line 6 DL4 then run it with the Expression pedal so you can blend two of the presets together

Have you seen the Strymon Timeline? The DL4 is cool I didn't know it could do that with an expression pedal.

I can't wait to do this

This demo is pretty much all lo-fi delay and looping. It's not always lo-fi like that you can still set it pretty clean. I just think the lo-fi stuff sounds cool.

Have you seen the Strymon Timeline? The DL4 is cool I didn't know it could do that with an expression pedal.

I can't wait to do this

This demo is pretty much all lo-fi delay and looping. It's not always lo-fi like that you can still set it pretty clean. I just think the lo-fi stuff sounds cool.

Clean is for pussies [flapper]

I didn't know that until today when I saw that on the Line 6 website...

Lo fi is where its at man!

Haha you know how I like that lo-fi weird sounding ****.

I'm hoping I can figure out a way to get that lo-fi tape sound with no echo or anything. Like the way the loop sounds but without looping.. Not that I don't like delay or looping, I just think it would be cool for my guitar to sound like that in real time.

Maybe if I set the mix to 100% wet and turn the repeats and delay time all the way down I can do that.

Either way I'll send you some clips when I get it.

Haha you know how I like that lo-fi weird sounding ****.

I'm hoping I can figure out a way to get that lo-fi tape sound with no echo or anything. Like the way the loop sounds but without looping.. Not that I don't like delay or looping, I just think it would be cool for my guitar to sound like that in real time.

Maybe if I set the mix to 100% wet and turn the repeats and delay time all the way down I can do that.

Either way I'll send you some clips when I get it.

[thumbup]

Archived