Gibson Brands Forums

any one heard of a production issue?

justasoldier11

I ordered my gold top tribute 60s on the 6th of Feb.. it still hasn't shipped... in fact I was just told by American Musical that they haven't received ANY gold tops... they have had ship dates from Gibson of 03 Feb and 13 Feb.. and Gibson missed both of those dates.. the next date is the 30th... and who knows what will happen... Talk about frustrating! Anyways tonight I got on chat with customer service and they told me that Gibson was having production issues with the guitars and that was why there were so slow to ship... has anyone heard or can confirm that this is the issue? I have my heart set on this gold top and this is my "survived Iraq for the 4th time" reward from my family and it is going to really suck getting home the end of next month and its not there waiting on me...

so whats the deal? Anyone heard any rumors of there being production issues?

thanks for any input.. I am not very patient as it is and this is driving me up a flipping wall!

AL

I ordered mine on January 26th and had to wait til February 24th. I know I was freaking out too, but eventually I got the email saying it had been sent. Keep up the hope and hang in there, Top.

Thanks Chris, I am hoping but if it doesn't happen it won't be the end of the world.. hey I will be home and I can play my other guitars... i have a gorgeous DBZ Imperial waiting on me too... I suck at playing but I am a VERY good collector! LOL

LOL its not quite THAT serious... I am a First Sergeant.. that would be abuse of my power LOL

they frown on that

I think that is debateable. If we have to put an army together to go in there and fight for your les paul after all the fighting you did/do for us, that might be enough to sway me to join the services.

I ordered a 50's tribute which became available Feb 1 and I'm still waiting hoping to recieve it soon.

Thankyou for your service

I ordered mine on 06 Feb and I just talked to them and they have YET to get on in and now they are saying it is being pushed back to April 15th!!! this is getting a bit frustrating.. LOL I am trying to keep a positive vibe going.. but its getting harder every week it goes past and nothing...

Patience Grasshopper it will be worth it

LOL

I ordered mine on 06 Feb and I just talked to them and they have YET to get on in and now they are saying it is being pushed back to April 15th!!! this is getting a bit frustrating.. LOL I am trying to keep a positive vibe going.. but its getting harder every week it goes past and nothing...

I ordered my gold top tribute 60s on the 6th of Feb.. it still hasn't shipped... in fact I was just told by American Musical that they haven't received ANY gold tops... they have had ship dates from Gibson of 03 Feb and 13 Feb.. and Gibson missed both of those dates.. the next date is the 30th... and who knows what will happen... Talk about frustrating! Anyways tonight I got on chat with customer service and they told me that Gibson was having production issues with the guitars and that was why there were so slow to ship... has anyone heard or can confirm that this is the issue? I have my heart set on this gold top and this is my "survived Iraq for the 4th time" reward from my family and it is going to really suck getting home the end of next month and its not there waiting on me...

so whats the deal? Anyone heard any rumors of there being production issues?

thanks for any input.. I am not very patient as it is and this is driving me up a flipping wall!

AL

No production issue, just the most popular color. LPoser

• 2 weeks later...

Archived