Gibson Brands Forums

1995 Epiphone Les Paul ?

Angry-Again

I have a 1995 Epiphine Les Paul type guitar. My question is, it is much thinner than a standard les paul, with a bolt on neck. It does not say "Les Paul" on the headstock. It has pearl type Epiphone at the top with a truss rod cover that says Gibson. What model is this thing?

The serial number states:

Your guitar was made at the

Saein Plant, Korea

August 1995

Production Number: 1461

l.jpg

l.jpg

I've gone to Guitar Center and seen "lots" of Epiphone guitars on display. I think (sometimes) if Epiphone manufactures a large quantity of guitars for a retail place (like Guitar Center), sometimes they don't silk screen the modlel name (Les Paul, Junior, Special)on the headstock, it is just "blank".

Like this LP Special II, which is not silk screened with "special" on the head stock.

Picture7.jpg

• 6 months later...

[thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

I guessed lp100 when I first got it too, but from what I've seen LP100's always have had "Les Paul" printed on the headstock.. It doesn't feel cheap and sound horrible like the other lp100's ive played either. I wish there were a clear way to know. I wont be depressed if it turns out to be the cheap lp100 i guess, i still enjoy playing it sometimes, I like the fact that the body is rounded and thinner and lighter than my sons Epiphone Les Paul plus top. His looks beautiful with the cherry sunburst ect, but this LP feels closer to my Sonex, but the Sonex is still way better. LOL thanks to everyone for your posts.

Its an LP-100...An Lp-100 Studio, to be precise. There was also a Studio Standard with a flame top.

The 1995 catalog shows the LP-100 Studio and Studio Standard without the Les Paul insignia on the headstock. Later models had the insignia. Epiphone seems to switch things up from time to time.

Its an LP-100...An Lp-100 Studio, to be precise. There was also a Studio Standard with a flame top.

The 1995 catalog shows the LP-100 Studio and Studio Standard without the Les Paul insignia on the headstock. Later models had the insignia. Epiphone seems to switch things up from time to time.

Thanks RTH.

Is that catalog online somewhere?

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

It is an  LP100 , the Korea plant , didn't put logos on the head stock , in 95'.

As far as I have found , all the other plants that year , did silkscreen the head stocks .

The China models were silk screened in white , with Les Paul , and Epiphone , on the head stock , where the Korean models were done in a pearlescent gold , with Epiphone , and nothing else , but the Gibson truss rod cover , on the head stock.

I have one 1995 Heritage Cherry Burst LP100 , and did a ton of research , and through Gibson / Epiphone , and various other sources , I learned some things , wanted to share.

Play On 🎸

Edited by Knarf
Wasn't finished writing yet.