Gibson Brands Forums

OK, confessions

albertjohn

No' date=' I'm sorry, but I'm just not having it! (Whoever I am)

The one on the left with the dungarees................it could easily be our good friend, surely?

Come on Johnt, own up, you'll feel much better once you've got it off your chest.[/quote']

That's John McFee!!!!

Look at your Doobie Brothers CD/Record!!

Next week I'll be mostly posting a pic of "Savage Resurrection"

Come on guys I can't be the only one with a wierd album collection,

I have 4 Gordon Lightfoots, The Watersons, 2 Ian Tysons and mint red/blue Beatles

Muffin the Mules greatest hits

and a Nirvana, the original band before Kurt whatever his name was stole the name!

BR

John

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lead or nothing bro, lead or nothing.

And talking of record collections.....

.....our 'worst' credit cards have limits of £15,000, each - one fer 'er and one for me.

And talking of record collections, I could do with selling mine.

Anybody want 3,500 albums of 70's vinyl? Allman's to Zappa.....

Johnt

Cheer up-My credit is so sterling they not only dropped me from the Blue Book of Whose Who but also from the Yellow Pages. Also, my last laundry came back in 15 minutes-it was rejected.

Moose

P.S. All kidding aside-I certainly hope you got your credit card trouble resolved to your satisfaction.

Johnt

P.S. All kidding aside-I certainly hope you got your credit card trouble resolved to your satisfaction.

Not my probs Moose, it's poor albertjohn who's suffering.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is it all a ruse?

The theft of £500 from a card he never uses?

The purchase of a Takemine 12 string ( value......let me see best guess £500)

Methinks he may be trying to hide said purchase in that "sly but effective" manner that Butch Chartered Accountants hide things!

Just a joke LOL

Not my probs Moose' date=' it's poor albertjohn who's suffering.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is it all a ruse?

The theft of £500 from a card he never uses?

The purchase of a Takemine 12 string ( value......let me see best guess £500)

Methinks he may be trying to hide said purchase in that "sly but effective" manner that Butch Chartered Accountants hide things!

Just a joke LOL[/quote']

The tak was £450 and is in transit to the good Dr for an MOT as I need to use it at a party on saturday.

Actually, you're not too far away from what I was thinking. I don't believe in coincidences. The problem is with these card things is that there's no way of knowing how the security was breached. I did try to use it the other day for the first time in many months but forgot the PIN, then less than a week later some s..t for brians is buying stuff on ebay with it.

If it quacks and walks like a duck, it's a duck! (or something like that.)

Albertjohn - the coincidence thing is not uncommon.....

I paid for a Tax-Disc on-line at DVLC using a card which is used for petrol normally, and nothing else.

5 years trouble free filling-station use only - no scams happen at all.

1 week after a DVLC transaction and I get the call you had..... unusual spending blah blah blah.

The old bill said hmmmm:-k interesting, but not much more than that.

DVLC swore blind no security breaches took place, and I was happy with the secure server stuff too.

And yet - I looked at the transactions. Previous 12 months were all to 3 forecourts I use regularily, then one single transaction elsewhere and within a week my card was buying hi-fi in Kent. Yes, they coverd it etc, but it is spooky to think how fragile that whole system is.

Hope your problem ends well.....

It's like Biggles.....

Algy here albertjohn, bandits at four-o'clock, what ho.....

Radio silence chaps, lets go in and take them out.....

Roger, wilco.....

Roger, out.

Nice to meet you, RogueBrit - glad to see the 'U' in Rogue - probaly find the colonials spell it Roge.

Cue dog fight.....

spit-8c.jpg

Albertjohn - haven't had time to read thehole thread' date=' but I was actually thinking of of the stevenage shop - they usually have a whole lot more decent acoustics upstairs than Luton..

Roger[/quote']

I called both shops and only Luton had any 12ers - and I liked the sound of the Tak on the phone, so I went to have a look.

I'll certainly give Stevenage a look in but like alot of people I'm avoiding further purchases at the moment.

Hope you've found the paracetomol.

Archived