Gibson Brands Forums

OK, confessions

albertjohn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah - a sweet SoCalGal from Santa Bee - with considerable' date=' ahem, charms.....

[img']http://guestofaguest.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/katy-perry142-copy.jpg[/img]

..and, apparently quite a lady, as well. i recently read an article that was a kind of her tour journal. after arriving at her next-gig destination, she stepped off the tour bus to find a grove of anxious reporters. "i can't talk now" she said." i have to take a s**t". nice. my kinda girl. i think i'm in love.

congrats on the tak, AJ! if it sounds as sweet as the one in the previously posted youtube vid, you sir, are a lucky man.

'take a s**t' - some mistake surely.....

.....this is the daughter of not one, but TWO pastors (count 'em).

She don't sheet, senor gringo, she drops small, round, exotically perfumed sweetmeats acompanied by the aroma of heavenly angels and the sound of distant harps.

But she can pi$$ her name in the snow.

Okey dokey a fest it is. Last one I went to was a Chilli fest in Cincinatti.

You need a good fest sometimes.

Right now this Tak....

I googled it and all the ones I found were black ' date=' cedar top hog sides..... that right?

The cedar reminds me of a Seagull 12 I had, that really zinged.

What's the pup?

Where's the pic?

Yes guys I know it's a Gibson forum but it's a "slow news day today"

Anyone better 324 emails in their inbox this morning?

[/quote']

Actually JT, I owe you an apology. I didn't actually say I took it home with me, which I did, so sorry Old Chap.

The spec on the Tak is rather sketchy. Jap built in 2006. It's a solid top but I'm not sure if it's spruce or cedar. Some US sites specify cedar and UK, spruce? The back and sides are lam. Again not sure what. There appears to be some choice in the matter but I think it may be maple. It's hard to tell as it is a gloss piano black finish which is virtually spotless. (Where are those nappies?)

The electrics are the Tak CT4B-II - whatever that is. Plugged in it's very good. I tested it on a Marshall acoustic combo, the same as the one I have and was suitably impressed. But. The Baggs in the SWD12 was just stellar so I might see about replacing the current one. I suspect the difference was more to do with the fact it was bolted into the SWD12.

I'll try to do a family picture soon but if you google image the model, you'll get the idea.

As for 12r Fest 2008, let me know when you are going up to Bulmer.

What is the collective noun for 12 strings?

Collective noun for 12 strings.

A dozen.

Or' date=' on a bad day, a [i']fist-full[/i].

The collective noun for 12-strings (N.B. the all important hyphen) is a TENSION of 12-strings.

Nice one T - dozen O:)

And yes, I appear to be "a hyphen short of clarity." Sounds like the name of my next album?

Nah - yer can keep yer bleedin' hi-fallutin hyphens.....

Well then Fido got up off the floor, an' he rolled over

An' he looked me straight in the eye.

An' you know what he said?

Once upon a time, somebody say to me

(This is a dog talkin' now)

What is your conceptual Continuity?

Well I told him right then (Fido said)

It should be easy to see

The crux of the biscuit is the Apostrophe

Sir Johnt and Thermionik

Now I know what British cool really means.

Above your estoic discussion of 12 strings( snooze snooze) is the most perfect pair of implants to grace the Forum in recent memory which seems to have absolutely no effect whatsoever on your dual train of thought. I am in complete wonderment and amazement at such nonchalonze. Is there something else unseen going on that we are not privy to?

PLEASE LET US KNOW!

MOOSE

FLASH:

Gruhn guitars of Nashville has a 2004 B25 12 string in stock-$1,500

also a 69 LG12 .......................-$1,000

Sir Johnt and Thermionik

Now I know what British cool really means.

Above your estoic discussion of 12 strings( snooze snooze) is the most perfect pair of implants to grace the Forum in recent memory which seems to have absolutely no effect whatsoever on your dual train of thought. I am in complete wonderment and amazement at such nonchalonze. Is there something else unseen going on that we are not privy to?

PLEASE LET US KNOW!

MOOSE

FLASH:

Gruhn guitars of Nashville has a 2004 B25 12 string in stock-$1' date='500

also a 69 LG12 .......................-$1,000[/quote']

What you fail to appreciate oh Moose is that Thermonik and I share a common ( in fact very far from common) thread

Whilst never joined at the hip or at the tip of a digit. nevertheless we are ( often ) of similar whimsy.

He is far brighter than I , a learned professor and master of the black art of slide guitar and valves. He can alos sharpen knives with astone,me with an electric sharpener.

So cool is what we are, we were around when cool was the 4is.

If folk do not agree that merely proves HOW Damned cool we actually are!

Salutations to the brothers in Boston!!!! Have an Excellente weekend!

John

Now mooseguy, I don't know that those ARE implants, they just look real, young and firm to me.....

I don't know, real, fake, whatever, they're nice, and

Katy Perry has had her 32D boobs plaster cast for

a breast cancer charity stunt.....

You can buy the cast of her jugs by visiting:-

http://keep-a-breast.org/

And - to show that this is a Gibson thread - check out the Dave Grohl 335 she uses, oooooh, Blue !

Sir Johnt & Thermionik

I hereby anoint you both KINGS OF COOL

Now that I've learned that plaster casts of the tatoo lady's breasts are available (as seen in the video) I shall probably give up my collection of vintage inflatable dolls to start one of these.

Moose

Moose - thank you kindly, please call me N!k, the Thermio part is SO formal.....

cunkhead - you got a PM, and your input will be awaited with bated breath. (Again I say to Albertjohn - NO 'jolly batey, sir' sketches) And I should be honoured if you also would call me N!k, ditto above etc;

Albertjohn ditto - drop the Thermi part. I know, I know - it goes against all the rules of Chartered Accountacy, but I feel you might just be a bit of a Wascally Webel of a Wapscallion when push comes to shove.

And Johnt - you flatter, you silver tongued devil, you. Bozeman ain't gonna know WHAT hit them at homecoming.

Footnote - that's it, albertjohn, you got away with it, Johnt and I layed down covering fire in all directions and, in a Gibson forum - NOBODY noticed you bought a

Takamine EF381SC

N!K the Thermo

HAVE YOU NO REMORSE

How could you do that to your prefessed best Forum friend Johnt-you blew his cover about the Takaminny

and you know what that will do for his popularity(or what's left of it) when he hits Bozeman. Gibson is sure to have a band greeting his plane playing "Get Out Of Town" If Johnt is to attend the planned festivities,Gibson will positively make him wear a big scarlet T on his best under shorts. He will also have to attend arduous Gibson attitude adjustment sessions prior to gaining admittance to any of the late night jams.The only thing left for poor Johnt to do now is put a bar in the back of his car and drive himself to drink.

Moose

Albertjohn - it worked - they think Johnt bought the Takamine' date=' tee hee hee hee.....

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

Even I think Johnt bought the Tak - succumbed to the endorsements by the Eagles, Jon Bon Jovi, Nuno Bettencourt et al.

What a tart!

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

Even I think Johnt bought the Tak - succumbed to the endorsements by the Eagles' date=' Jon Bon Jovi, Nuno Bettencourt et al.

What a tart![/quote']

I am of the opinion that Johnt also now thinks he has purchesed the Tak. I think he spent the entire weekend feverously searching throughout house, garage, yard, attic, bushes etc. etc. for said instrument. I also think there's a telephone transcript on youtube of his call to Scotland Yard to report the purloined 12er and to demand justice and a quick disciplining of the foul perpatrator. I am praying that God himself will intervene on his behalf! To Denmark St.' one and all!!!

This is clearly a job for.....

Sherlock G. Holmes

The 'G' is for Gibson, a middle-name he bore with pride, though mocked for it by his nemesis and arch enemy.....

Moriarty

And will be called 'The Mystery of the Taken Takamine, or Not' available at all good bookstores.

Oh - and the oracle HAS been consulted, and Johnt is NOT in that avatar - her words were thus:

'[said person] never looked that much of a plonker'

And she should know.....

How DARE you sir.

Johnt's silence is entirely down to the effects of alcohol, dogs, or pictures of Sheryl Crow.

Seriously though, that, albertjohn, is a bummer. Hope it is covered and all that, but seriously worrying all the same, so I hope it pans out well in the end. Keep us briefed (why..... because we care).

How DARE you sir.

Johnt's silence is entirely down to the effects of alcohol' date=' dogs, or pictures of Sheryl Crow.

Seriously though, that, [b']albertjohn[/b], is a bummer. Hope it is covered and all that, but seriously worrying all the same, so I hope it pans out well in the end. Keep us briefed (why..... because we care).

Cheers.

They called me because I rarely use it and the transactions were unusual, and ocurred a few hours ago. Immediately stopped the account and promised a complete refund without me even starting to stamp feet.

So all's well so far.

Oh - and the oracle HAS been consulted' date=' and Johnt is [u']NOT[/u] in that avatar - her words were thus:

'[said person] never looked that much of a plonker'

And she should know.....

Oh N!k.

Shame on you.

1. You told peeps what our relationship is! We could have spun em a real yarn!

2. Even worse.....the avatar!!

John McFee more latterly of Doobie Bros fame, Hughie Lewis.

Band called Clover I have the vynyl right here. CLOVER was the band on Elvis Costello's first album, My Aim Is True (but hey I'll forgive them that)

Here's the Clover site

http://www.clover-infopage.com/

Not only has my identity been stolen on this Forum' date=' I have just had a call from MBNA to inform me that some f@#&$r has spent £500 on my card.

[i']Looks like a picked the wrong week to quit smoking![/i]

CORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Thats impressive!

Imagine having a card with £500 limit!

Butch Chartered accountancy clearly pays well LOL

CORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Thats impressive!

Imagine having a card with £500 limit!

Butch Chartered accountancy clearly pays well LOL

With the way things are going in The City and Wall St, we'll all be lucky to have such a lofty credit limit soon!

I think I'm safe in saying you are the first person to describe me as a Butch Chartered Accountant. I feel honoured and quite emotional.

Archived