Gibson Brands Forums

LP Studio Deluxe in GOLD

LSAR

The Bonamassa cost $300 more, and tbh, I didn't like the look: the mismatched knobs, the binding looked weird because the pup rings, pg, and pup selector ring were a different colour...it had those ugly (imo) grovers on it...and it was a signature model, plus they're no longer available (at MF at least)... And as for the neck, i like them as small as possible, so this would be better for me... I'd say that its definetly worth saving $300 and getting a guitar that (for me) looks better, is probably going to play better, and I can change the pups and electronics to whatever I want...[thumbup]

The GIBSON version also has those Grover tuners his is a 08 Custom exactly the same (bar the headstock shape naturally)

I personally prefer the Grovers but on mine their tulips

Good lock modding yours [thumbup] if its like mine your looking at about £200 in costs...

Bonamassa's are available but their SCARCE! I found less that 10 available in different places!

The Bonamassa cost $300 more, and tbh, I didn't like the look: the mismatched knobs, the binding looked weird because the pup rings, pg, and pup selector ring were a different colour...it had those ugly (imo) grovers on it...and it was a signature model, plus they're no longer available (at MF at least)... And as for the neck, i like them as small as possible, so this would be better for me... I'd say that its definetly worth saving $300 and getting a guitar that (for me) looks better, is probably going to play better, and I can change the pups and electronics to whatever I want...[thumbup]

I don't like the Bonamassa either, for many of the reasons you mentioned. I think this studio looks much better. In fact, that's one of the nicest looking Epi Studios I've seen.

Another beautiful Epiphone LP. I see the color/option "drop down" selection does not include the gold top guitar that is shown on the MF site ? How to get ?

It'll probably be like the gold P-93 Riviera, they posted the pictures a week or 2 before it was available, and then took them away for a few days, and they were back and there to order...

In fact, that's one of the nicest looking Epi Studios I've seen.

My thought exactly... lol

Another difference is the Bonamassa is a gold top, the studio dlx is all gold.

yes the gold top studio is nice, but i just don't get it. The studio model is supposed to be the dressed down NON flashy version for use in the studio. so why doll it back up with trapezoid inlays and a gold coat of paint. Just buy the standard.

7228-122847.jpg

I like the JB model, i think it's sweet!

yes the gold top studio is nice, but i just don't get it. The studio model is supposed to be the dressed down NON flashy version for use in the studio. so why doll it back up with trapezoid inlays and a gold coat of paint. Just buy the standard.

7228-122847.jpg

I don't even know if you can get that here.

The GT Standard is a Sam Ash exclusive as far as I know, but, I don't really like the binding, or tuners...it just doesn't look as sharp as the black on gold with no binding...

I don't know if its me but I find it harder to buy certain guitars because of

# Case availability (Epiphone cases are ALOT better than those available for MORE)

# Quality of colour

# Price... Some look Too cheap & some are more expensive than they should be...

I do like the look of these Deluxes tho, I'll wait tho for a "Butterscotch/Honey" Version and get to work on a Gary Moore tribute version [biggrin]

Archived