Gibson Brands Forums

LONG wait on Les Paul 60's reissue

SongRider

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting to get very nervous after reading this thread because I also ordered a GT, but I ordered from Sweetwater on January 31, 2011.

My order has been pushed back THREE MONTHS from the initial promised date in late April.

Now the new date is some time this month. WTF?

Has anybody out there received a GT 60's Tribute LP from SWEETWATER?

JPF

congrats ! is your back 2pc... seam on dead center ?

Actually mine is a 3pc back... 1 seam dead center and another one down by the control cavity... but they matched the grain VERY well. You can only tell when you look at the sides of the guitar for them.

Actually mine is a 3pc back... 1 seam dead center and another one down by the control cavity... but they matched the grain VERY well. You can only tell when you look at the sides of the guitar for them.

thanks for sharing....

mine came Friday night but I couldn't get it until today due to I took my bride away for a weekend on Tybee Island near Savannah GA.. had a great time.. then came home and got to open my GT... this is my first Gibson.. and I have to say.. the wait was frustrating as heck.. but the pay off is SOOOOOOO sweet... I got a 3 piece back but I have been playing the heck out of it... I love the tone of the P90s and the neck feels really nice...

birthofagibson6.jpg

I am starting to get very nervous after reading this thread because I also ordered a GT, but I ordered from Sweetwater on January 31, 2011.

My order has been pushed back THREE MONTHS from the initial promised date in late April.

Now the new date is some time this month. WTF?

Has anybody out there received a GT 60's Tribute LP from SWEETWATER?

JPF

I was just browsing Wildwood's website and it shows four right-handed goldtops available. If I were you I would buy one from them and then cancel your waitlist order.

I was just browsing Wildwood's website and it shows four right-handed goldtops available. If I were you I would buy one from them and then cancel your waitlist order.

After reading this post in the morning I went to check it out and indeed, there they "were" as of right now they all "flew"

Y

Actually there are five new ones as of right now...

First I'd like to thank everybody in this blog, love to be around musicians that are in love with their instruments as much as their craft, love trading knowledge and most of all love the spirit of everybody wanting to help each other out.

Next I'd like to share with everybody that my youngest daughter was born last April 20th, after checking Wildwood's stock a second time on friday I found, as you pointed out, they had received a couple more GoldTops after the previous batch had been sold and what did I happen to find but a GoldTop with a build date that coincided with my daughter's birth!

Now I had been waiting since February 11th for my order to be filled from GC online, I got a great deal from them and I was not in much of a hurry to receive my guitar, as long as it came of course, but after seing this unravel I had no choice but to jump on the opportunity, the guys at Wildwood are great as somebody pointed out in one of these posts, good price, they give a free set up and now I have a solid due date for my stringed baby to arrive! Now I'll be able to "rock" my Baby to sleep with my baby.

Wanting to perpetuate the kindness I have a bit of information that might be useful to everybody that is waiting for their GoldTops still. Speaking with the sales guy from Wildwood, totally cool dude by the name of Lance, he told me Wildwood was the retailer that ordered the most Gold tops from Gibson that he is aware of, 160 in all. He said they are barely getting their supplies so I believe they will be receiving them in the coming days so they'll have plenty of stock to supply at least most everybody on this blog that is on backorder and/or waiting for a Goldtop, for a decent price and also with the plus that you can actually have a look at the piece that you are getting.

Best of luck to everybody and I look forward to giving you my report after receiving mine.

Cheers,

Y

First I'd like to thank everybody in this blog, love to be around musicians that are in love with their instruments as much as their craft, love trading knowledge and most of all love the spirit of everybody wanting to help each other out.

Next I'd like to share with everybody that my youngest daughter was born last April 20th, after checking Wildwood's stock a second time on friday I found, as you pointed out, they had received a couple more GoldTops after the previous batch had been sold and what did I happen to find but a GoldTop with a build date that coincided with my daughter's birth!

Now I had been waiting since February 11th for my order to be filled from GC online, I got a great deal from them and I was not in much of a hurry to receive my guitar, as long as it came of course, but after seing this unravel I had no choice but to jump on the opportunity, the guys at Wildwood are great as somebody pointed out in one of these posts, good price, they give a free set up and now I have a solid due date for my stringed baby to arrive! Now I'll be able to "rock" my Baby to sleep with my baby.

Wanting to perpetuate the kindness I have a bit of information that might be useful to everybody that is waiting for their GoldTops still. Speaking with the sales guy from Wildwood, totally cool dude by the name of Lance, he told me Wildwood was the retailer that ordered the most Gold tops from Gibson that he is aware of, 160 in all. He said they are barely getting their supplies so I believe they will be receiving them in the coming days so they'll have plenty of stock to supply at least most everybody on this blog that is on backorder and/or waiting for a Goldtop, for a decent price and also with the plus that you can actually have a look at the piece that you are getting.

Best of luck to everybody and I look forward to giving you my report after receiving mine.

Cheers,

Y

That's cool. Sounds like a lucky omen. I have bought a few guitars from Wildwood and they do it right. I like being able to see pictures of the guitar I am buying and knowing the serial number as well. That is the next best thing to buying one "in person".

That's cool. Sounds like a lucky omen. I have bought a few guitars from Wildwood and they do it right. I like being able to see pictures of the guitar I am buying and knowing the serial number as well. That is the next best thing to buying one "in person".

I could not agree with you more about that Sir! And yes I believe in my heart that this is a good Omen.

Y

A Beauty Mate! One piece back huh?

Y

Thanks Mate, I absolutely love it. I have never owned a Guitar with P-90's in it and to top it off they came in a nice worn Les Paul.

This guitar is worth every dollar I paid. I did give it a little set up just to suit my playing style and how I like the action to feel.

If you can find one that isn't that rough overall, it is a keeper. Well mine is anyway :)

Ohh in relation to it appearing to be a 1 piece back, it is actually a 3 piece back that is really well matched.

Thanks man..check out my other post Here it is!! Rock N Roll...that has more pictures of it.

Archived