Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

feldkeen4

Sam ash had a Mexi-Fender in stock special going on today, in Tampa.

$379.99 standards. A nice $120 discount. They only had 2 tele's both had minor issues but, no damage.

The one I got had a ding right in the sunburst where your strumming hand would cover. The ding was under the finish so you only see it when the light reflects on the poly.

Anyhow I told them I couldn't buy it like that hoping to get more of a discount. Of course the said they could't, but they said that even though the sale is for in stock only they'll order in another and trade it out.

So hopefully I will bond with the new one. If not I've already bonded with this one. The bad spot seems so insignificant now, after it's been paid for.

DSCN3266.jpg?t=1301764524

[thumbup] Congratulations! Nice looking Tele!

I too, have a MIM '60's (White) Telecaster on order.

Love all my guitars, but I always come back, to a Telecaster,

at some point! Beautiful simplicity! Awesome tone, too!

CB

I don't play my daughters SG often enough to get used to it's neck profile. I mostly play my MIM Strat, so since the MIM tele neck is identical it feels perfect. The sustain of the tele is night and day to a strat with its floating block (even though I have it decked). I guess that's why the Eric Clapton signature Strat comes with the trem blocked with a wood shim. Since I can't make my floating trem stay in tune worth a damn, The mim strat might be headed to craigs list. DSCN2920.jpg?t=1301791517

I don't play my daughters SG often enough to get used to it's neck profile. I mostly play my MIM Strat, so since the MIM tele neck is identical it feels perfect. The sustain of the tele is night and day to a strat with its floating block (even though I have it decked). I guess that's why the Eric Clapton signature Strat comes with the trem blocked with a wood shim. Since I can't make my floating trem stay in tune worth a damn, The mim strat might be headed to craigs list. DSCN2920.jpg?t=1301791517

Nah, just block the trem, and check the nut, for "binding" or "pinging" sounds.

most tuning problems, are "nut" related...and I'm not talking about the player/owner. ;>)

That's a sweet looking Strat! Shouldn't take much, at all, to get it where you want

it, to be.

Cheers,

CB

Archived