Gibson Brands Forums

Finally in my hands

Monty Burns

April 6th: finally in my hands!

Soon any pictures and impressions.

Built February 12nd 2011 and she's simply perfect!

I have to get used to Gibson SG guitar (I've another Gibson but a Les Paul standard): a great neck and a little body :P

In every case, great guitar, great pups ( '57), really great sound!

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

• 4 weeks later...
That's an awesome looking axe....congrats! I ordered my 50th Anniversary SG last week (April 27th, 2011). I'm in Canada, near Toronto, so hopefully not too long till she's here.

Welcome Jay.

Congrats.

Be sure to post some pics for us when she arrives. B)

April 6th: finally in my hands!

Soon any pictures and impressions.

Built February 12nd 2011 and she's simply perfect!

I have to get used to Gibson SG guitar (I've another Gibson but a Les Paul standard): a great neck and a little body :P

In every case, great guitar, great pups ( '57), really great sound!

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Monty Burns, congratulations on your 50th Anniversary SG 24. I know what you mean about getting used to the SG guitar. I've been playing Les Paul

and ES-335 type models for years and even though the SG Standard neck is no longer than those because of the way it's set into the guitar it seems

longer (just an illusion, but not really), so I can see trying to get use to a neck with 24 frets. My new SG Standard came off the line on March 21,2011

and I bought it on March 28th at only one week old and fresh out of the box. My pickups are the 490R/498T Humbuckers. I have '57 Classics on my

Gibson CS-336 and they are really great pickups and as you said..."really great sound." [thumbup] I'm sure you'll enjoy your new SG. I know I do.

Archived