Gibson Brands Forums

MM Explorer vs Epi Nighthawk

dem00n

I took my Night Hawk to band practice last night and I have to say by the end of the night I was enjoying the sound of it.

In fact, for a lot of songs I would use the humbucker and single coil for rhythm (and sometimes with the coil cut from the humbucker) and then switch straight to the humbucker for the lead and it worked out well.

I'm not a huge fan of the neck but by the end of the night I was used to it.

It's not my favorite guitar but the many sounds it produces are great and the fact that it doesn't weigh 10-12* pounds like my Les Paul is a real plus too.

*I've never actually weighed my Les Paul but it is a '78 which I believe was produced before the weight relief/chambering thus it's a solid chunk of wood.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For $500 + actual shipping & insurance I could sell you this "REAL" metal monster!

Schecter Blackjack V1 flying V with Seymour Duncan JB/'59 Humbuckers, black chrome Tonepros bridge and new Schecter locking tuners.

Set-Neck w/Ultra Access, Mahogany body, 25.5” scale, Rosewood fingerboard, 24 X-Jumbo frets, Blackjack Cards “21” at 12th fret inlay, Gray Pearl binding, Vol/Vol/Tone/3-way Switch and just a badass Gloss Black shred machine!

For $500 + actual shipping & insurance I could sell you this "REAL" metal monster!

Schecter Blackjack V1 flying V with Seymour Duncan JB/'59 Humbuckers, black chrome Tonepros bridge and new Schecter locking tuners.

Set-Neck w/Ultra Access, Mahogany body, 25.5” scale, Rosewood fingerboard, 24 X-Jumbo frets, Blackjack Cards “21” at 12th fret inlay, Gray Pearl binding, Vol/Vol/Tone/3-way Switch and just a badass Gloss Black shred machine!

Could you post some smaller pics?

Thanks.

I'm getting some really nice tones from the mini H/B on the Nighthawk

Combine that with the S/C

And there is a usable punchy lead sound.....

V

:-({|=

Dammit V I am jealous and probably still 2 months away from mine. What finish did you get again?

Regarding the MM Vs Nighthawk. Our other guitar player, just got

the Epi Nighthawk (Fireburst), and LOVES it! He also owns a vintage

'68 Gibson LP Custom...so, it wasn't a matter of money, to him...just

the sound and playability. The Nighthawk is a really NICE guitar, all

the way around. Especially so, for $350.00 (Plus case).

CB

Dammit V I am jealous and probably still 2 months away from mine. What finish did you get again?

I was initially desiring the sunburst, but the dealer sold out quickly except for the trans black

So I have the trans black and it looks good to my eyes.....

V

:-({|=

Archived