Gibson Brands Forums

J-200 or Sj-200-Favorite

Navajo Chief

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
welcome to the forum. your point about it being your guitar to do with as you see fit is well taken but' date=' why mess with perfection? i mean tone and playability are the bottom line but we all appreciate the aesthetic quality of Gibsons as well. IMHO, the addition of knobs to front of this guitar just ain't natchral.[/quote']

+1

It's yours to do as you please with, but knobs on the front of a J-200 . . . . [-(

• 3 weeks later...

What version of any of the 200's is your favorite and why? Thanks!!

I have a 1990 j-200 that just spanks! jumbo frets wooden bridge pins with inlays I feel this guitar is a boomer the new ones have thin frets plastic pins which is a sin for a guitar of this quality. I feel each j is different and you have to play a few to find a sweet one. I was blessed to find this one in southern calif.(laguna beach)a pretty much out of the box just a little lowering of the bridge and thats it. The only problem over the years was two times the cover cap on the tuning heads came off and had to get new ones not bad though paid 5 buck each time. but when it happened a third time I was a little peeved so got a set of gotoh gold sealed heads and solver the problem they are pretty smooth. But still have all the original one in a plastic bag in my case (ain't no dummy) just play like one sometimes. but love this guitar use it in church and make a joyful noise unto the Lord!thanks

Archived