Gibson Brands Forums

Should I get a Gibson Sg Special Faded or a Gibson Sg Special Raw Power?

sgphoenix211

@ net14t I like th raw power more but the price is a bit too high for my budget btw how much is the raw power @ the guitar center

Not too sure on the cost, but if you have already set one out in your mind that tickles your fancy I would wait the extra bit of time to save up the funds or you might regret purchasing a different guitar later on down the road.

The raw power will be brighter...faded will be warmer. maybe this will help you decide.

That'a a good sumation; If you want that Pete Live at Leeds sound, go with the raw power ( see net14's thread ), if you want a traditional SG sound, go faded....

I'd choose the Raw Power, as I have enough humbucker geeatars (30+) and not enough P-90 geetars.............

I think you should go with the special faded. It just seems to be a proven quantity. People are really sold on them as a viable well crafted inexpensive quality Gibson product. Of course it is a personal thing so my opinion means nothing.

@ feldkeen4 I think i'll get the faded but should I get worn brown or worn cherry [thumbup]

Always wanted to try one Guitarest but I've never seen one in person. I remember blackie adding the 8 ball to his and summarily destroying it in a drunken fit.

I belive that was an Epiphone.

He still has the Raw Power.

Archived