Gibson Brands Forums

2003 Les Paul Custom in maple flame top trans white?

an7

Hi guys,

Posting for the first time here. I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything about a Korean 2003 Epiphone Les Paul Custom I just bought from a friend. It has a maple flame top in trans white finish, gold harware, grover tuners and in the back of the headstock says Limited Edition in a circle resembling a stamp.

All I know about it is the date it was made and where, according to the serial number: I0309xxxx

I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me find more info about it, like the exact model name and how much they are worth now. I love the finish and the guitar is in nearly mint condition, the finish is even aged and looks absolutely beautiful.

I'm posting couple of pics of it.

Thanks!

post-33067-028124700 1304804006_thumb.jpg

post-33067-035852200 1304804021_thumb.jpg

Antonio Sosa.

Welcome to the forums [thumbup]

The "Alpine White" Custom is still made today under the "Custom Shop" logo, but I have to edmit, this is the first one I've seen have a visable plus top!

The current Alpine retails for £500 NEW £300 2nd Hand

But I think the experts here need to have their say on this before you take what I'm saying to heart...

Thanks guys. Seems to be rare in deed. I don't think it is Alpine White either as that colour looks "solid" and this finish is transparent, maple flame top as one said. Good stuff.

I've never seen one of those, it's beautiful though. Love it.

Then wine red was an available finish on the Epiphone Custom up until a couple of years ago, but the white is definitely unusual. It looks kind of like a "Mary Kaye" Strat type finish.

That's a natural custom, a very nice model by Epi, there were plenty here in Canada at the stores years back, if I had to guess I'd say they were a limited run done only once or twice, and from the sounds of it maybe only in North America.

It is also a favorite of the counterfeiters, if you find one on ebay it'll most likely be a fake, especially if it's brand new .

Thanks again guys. I loved mud guy's cherry pic. That's a beauty. I got the guitar in Toronto, Canada, but I think it might be a Custom Plus model, not in Natural finish but in white. It crossed my mind that it might be a counterfeit, but the detail, feeling and the grover tuners say it's not, it is really really well made and sounds really really good. I'll keep searching and thanks again for all your comments and help.

A.

Archived