Gibson Brands Forums

What LP's are chambered?

Riptide

Are the Jr. and Special model LP's are chambered or not? Also, does anyone know when they started chambering their guitars? Like I'm wondering if the 70's deluxe's were or not.

Thanks! [thumbup]

Look for the link to a pinned thread on MLP....It will explain a lot....Gibby LP Standards today are all chambered, as are LP Studios,

which explains in part the sucess of the LP Traditional..........( I own all three models )...........

Talking over jazz (the other thread), I prefer chambered Les Pauls for jazz and blues. The resonance seems better than the solid Les' I have played

Matt

Interesting Matt...........I find the chambered LPs not jazz friendly compared to my solid LPs........Chambering is a tone killer IMHO.....Solid LPs enhance

and transfer the tones well.........Of course, semi-hollows are a different story........

Hmmm (strokes beard)

When I play a note Tuesday on my first run robot, it is still sounding on Wednesday! When I have time I'll do a YouTube video to show you what I mean.BTW talking of hollow bodies, I am having a hollowbody Les Paul made for me after I get my gypsy jazz guitar done!! It will have 24 frets, p90s, Bigsby, f holes etc!!

My wife found the e mails with the luthier recently and said 'WHAT!!!' lol

Matt

Hmmm (strokes beard)

When I play a note Tuesday on my first run robot, it is still sounding on Wednesday! When I have time I'll do a YouTube video to show you what I mean.BTW talking of hollow bodies, I am having a hollowbody Les Paul made for me after I get my gypsy jazz guitar done!! It will have 24 frets, p90s, Bigsby, f holes etc!!

My wife found the e mails with the luthier recently and said 'WHAT!!!' lol

Matt

That, Matt, sounds like a dream guitar............Better than a dream guitar....

Kinda like an ES339. [smile]

Except British made, one guitar maker, not a team of guys, different woods, 24 frets, a bigsby, custom fret inlays, British made custom p90s, being able to have input every step of the way, and even a different logo maybe of a Horse :) But yeah... identical aside from those minor details!

Look for the link to a pinned thread on MLP....It will explain a lot....Gibby LP Standards today are all chambered, as are LP Studios,

which explains in part the sucess of the LP Traditional..........( I own all three models )...........

I think the success of the Traditional is based on it being $300 cheaper [wink]

I think the success of the Traditional is based on it being $300 cheaper [wink]

Yes, of course, that too, good point !!!!!!!!!!!!! Even cheaper for the smart shopper.............

Archived