Gibson Brands Forums

It's All Right Now!

Tman5293

Is that a metronome recorded or is that part of the song...

It's part of the backing track that I used. I believe they threw it in there because the original has a cowbell that is used to keep time.

Anybody got any advice for this one?

The solo in this song is very distinct, so you need to work on that a lot more. It's a long one, so break it down one area at a time. Then once you get that

move on to the next segment. The whole song is really a gas to play, but don't let the simplicity of the sound fool you. There really more to this song than

meets the ear. Even in the vocal part. Choosing the right chord voicing is crucial in getting that Paul Kossoff guitar sound. Keep working on it! [thumbup]

I disagree with the last post. I think you need more treble. Too much bass IMO.

I also noticed a few times when you were not quite where you should have been with the guitar. In other words you were not quite in sync with the beat. You were just a little behind.

I also think you had a little too much reverb.

While the solo was not the same as the original, I thought it wasn't too bad. Kinda liked some it.

Thanks for sharing.

I disagree with the last post. I think you need more treble. Too much bass IMO.

I also noticed a few times when you were not quite where you should have been with the guitar. In other words you were not quite in sync with the beat. You were just a little behind.

I also think you had a little too much reverb.

While the solo was not the same as the original, I thought it wasn't too bad. Kinda liked some it.

Thanks for sharing.

The bass was caused by the mic. I was trying to get it in a good position. That was the best I could do and still had to turn the treble way up!

Anybody got any advice for this one?

Paul Kossoff's playing is very deceptive in it's simplicity......Watch the footage of him on u-tube...............Many players from my generation, and the one before me

were inspired to play in part because of him.....One of the first solos I nailed was this one.....I suggest studying it slowly and carefully......It's fun to play.............

Archived