Gibson Brands Forums

PART 3 OMG!--ANOTHER GENESIS!!!!

musicmaker99

Wouldn't ya know the day I return the beat up Genesis http://forum.gibson....y-disappointed/ I spot another CUSTOM SUNBURST out of Virgina GC for $329 including an Epi case! When I spoke with the salesman I explained the fiasco over the last Genesis and how beat up it was, he replied: "Well, sir, based on that I want to be completely honest with you about the condition of this one. I'm holding it in my hand and it is in OUT OF THE BOX CONDITION, loooks like it was never played. There's no buckle rash, no chips, dings or fading. It's immaculate".

If his description is only half accurate I'll still be a happy camper!

Needless to say I bought it.[drool] AND....I just received a GC Player Rewards coupon for $70 off my next purchase (no restrictions on used, etc). So, that reduces the Genesis to $254!!!

106592876lg.jpg

LOL, you won't be deterred will you, seems this could be THE ONE though, I hope it lives up to expectation for you this time round, you deserve a break, good luck, pls keep us posted.

DANG - I was actually looking at it myself on-line and drooling... [drool][drool][drool]

Did the math using the "Gotta make 30 - 35%" as a guide to get idea of real

cost to store VS selling price, and the Blue Book value listed.

If it's in the condition described, you just bought a F-I-N-E GIT!!!! [thumbup]

"Dedicated you are, yes, yes!" (Think YODA)

DANG - I was actually looking at it myself on-line and drooling... [drool][drool][drool]

Did the math using the "Gotta make 30 - 35%" as a guide to get idea of real

cost to store VS selling price, and the Blue Book value listed.

If it's in the condition described, you just bought a F-I-N-E GIT!!!! [thumbup]

"Dedicated you are, yes, yes!" (Think YODA)

I sure hope so. If I've learned one thing about pulling the trigger it's that sometimes the drool gets in the way. Pull now, drool later.:D

It would be fitting to go from a total beater to a cream puff all in the span of a few hours. Karma.....you either love it or hate it.

T'was surely meant to be...

HNGD (Take 2)

Cheers,

I just completed the deal on the Epi Genesis with Virgina GC. After returning a G&L Tribute that was pretty badly back bowed and using the $70 player rewards voucher my final cost after tax and shipping is/was $23.

This was all made possible by one of the managers at the GC in Maple Grove, Mn because Virginia refused to honor the $70 voucher. He worked it out with them to accept it (I also got a hold of GC Corporate HQ and they said they HAD TO HONOR IT!). After the voucher thing was cleared up Virginia GC did a great job of accepting the return through a Minnesota GC and making sure everything was in order before shipping the Genesis out.

And that's it for awhile. I'm gassed out[-X

106592876lg.jpg

Glad it's all working out for you. Congratulations. [thumbup]

When I was on the hunt for my Sheraton, I saw one on GC's site and

called about it. Everyones view of a ding here or there is different.

He thought it looked good. He volunteered to take pictures of it with

his cell phone and email them to me. (That's service). Based on my

view of dings, there were too many here and there. They were mostly

everywhere. I passed.

It's great GC is willing to sell across the country between stores on

relatively low marked up guitars. The profit margin is thin and would

seem to get thinner with another store in the mix.

Continued happy hunting....

Glad it's all working out for you. Congratulations. [thumbup]

When I was on the hunt for my Sheraton, I saw one on GC's site and

called about it. Everyones view of a ding here or there is different.

He thought it looked good. He volunteered to take pictures of it with

his cell phone and email them to me. (That's service). Based on my

view of dings, there were too many here and there. They were mostly

everywhere. I passed.

It's great GC is willing to sell across the country between stores on

relatively low marked up guitars. The profit margin is thin and would

seem to get thinner with another store in the mix.

Continued happy hunting....

I agree and that's why the Virginia GC didn't want to take the $70 voucher, "if we did that we'd be losing money on the deal".

I know GC gets knocked around but my experiences have been all good--they've always done right by me whenever there was a problem. Just as in this case the Minnesota GC offerred to have the guitar sent to their store from Virginia if they wouldn't honor the $70 voucher. That's service! Furthermore, the manager at the Minnesota store spent at least 35 minutes putting the transaction together with the Virginia store. When all was said and done I had gotten my discount and been treated by all three parties involved (mn gc, virginia gc and corporate hq) with respect and gratitude.

Personally, I find that most music stores in this area really bend over backwards to make sure their customer base is happy. I frequent a small but very well known guitar shop in the uptown area of minneapolis and they too really take an interest in doing things right and to the customers satisfaction. I think it's that we're musicians first and foremost and the business end comes in second. It's an artists community and fellowship which makes for some very cool and unexpectedly pleasant experiences.eusa_whistle.gif

Will be here THURSDAY as long as I get lucky and UPS catches me at home.[thumbup] . When I

bought it I put it on Lay Away for two days. So, the final transaction didn't take place until last Friday and UPS doesn't ship on the weekends.

I see the Genesis that I returned has now been listed under "used gear" at the Edina, Minnesota GC. They still have it at $399 but only gave it 2 out of 5 stars (which indicates condition).[thumbdn]

I see the Genesis that I returned has now been listed under "used gear" at the Edina, Minnesota GC. They still have it at $399 but only gave it 2 out of 5 stars (which indicates condition).[thumbdn]

I'll give them $175, strip it, and paint it like a gold top and still lose money.

A labor of love...

I'll give them $175, strip it, and paint it like a gold top and still lose money.

A labor of love...

...and stick a cigarette in your mouth, dawn a pair of sunglasses, black top hat and call it "Genesis Gold Top by Slash". I can see it now[biggrin] .

I'm getting excited about this NGD. I'm so hoping this time around the Genesis will be a keeper. I must say though that the WildKat exceeded all my expectations and has become the flavor of the month. Ergonomically, it's just a perfect fit for me and a great little rock-a-billy machine.

img9343s.jpg

Archived