Gibson Brands Forums

Rise Against concert

Silenced Fred

New band?! Bad Religion has been around since the 80's man!! Where have you been? :)

not new band as in just formed, new band as in there music is new to my ears [biggrin],

where have i been? i spent most of the last 20 years flying back n forth between krypton n earth...

Any live show is good I try and get to atleast one a month. There is a lack of good shows though so far this year, next one is Children of Bodom in June (on the debate of going tix are only $34 for GA) and then Rob Zombie and Slayer on Aug 3 (Aug 3 cant get here quick enough!!!) I heard something about Soundgarden and Queens of the Stoneage but I dont know the date or details.

Any live show is good I try and get to atleast one a month. There is a lack of good shows though so far this year, next one is Children of Bodom in June (on the debate of going tix are only $34 for GA) and then Rob Zombie and Slayer on Aug 3 (Aug 3 cant get here quick enough!!!) I heard something about Soundgarden and Queens of the Stoneage but I dont know the date or details.

As I understand it, QOTSA will be playing their first album in its entirety or something like that, or that's what I've been hearing.

Soundgarden should have a good show, Mars Volta is opening for them at least in the Chicago shows

I'll post more later, too much pain right now. I had to protect my friend from all the moshes, my body is killing me. Rise against was awesome, bad religion sounded great and the one guy had a sweet SG with the pull vibrato and the bassist played a jack casady. They rocked for being in 40s and 50s.

I mean it was fun but my nose was bleeding and fat chicks were hitting on me...

Alright, this is going to be a longer post, mostly of back story, but if you don't want to read it all, skip the first paragraph.

So my friend who came with me, this was her first concert, like ever. So I pick her up at 3:30 and she texts me and says she needs a minute and that I should meet her mom. So I go into her house because her younger sister (who is a total babe) tells me to go inside and when I go in, there is like nobody in the house. So I'm standing in the foyer by myself for like 3 minutes, and then her mom walks out and introduces herself. My friend takes like an extra half hour to get ready, and I'm stuck talking to her hardcore republican mom for that whole time. After talking about how all concerts do is ruin hearing ( :rolleyes: ) she tells me this my friend's first time going to Chicago without her parents, her first concert, etc. and she's kind of overprotective in general, and my friend is a little reckless. Not a good combination.

So we go to the concert with my drummer and bassist, and the opening band was pretty good (Four Year Strong... I think) they had a tight sound. Some decent moshes went on, and I got hit in the back, arm and head a couple times trying to make sure my friend didn't get hurt. Also, these people tried crowd surfing right by mosh pits, which isn't a good idea. A ton of people got dropped because it wasn't so much crowd surfing, it was just forcefully throwing people above your head.

Bad Religion sounded great, and again, they rocked pretty hard for old guys, I was thoroughly impressed.

Then Rise Against came on, and there were all these fraternity bros (a guy actually said the phrase "pound a natty") wearing multiple polos with flipped up collars, and just came to fight people. I got hit alot. Some **** just punched me square in the chest like not even during a mosh and I decked him in the face for that one. My hand still kinda hurts. Overall, my left leg, left arm, right hand and my entire back are dying from making sure my friend didn't get hurt.

Oh, anyways back to your post Dub, I got hit on my two gay guys on separate instances, three drunk chicks grinded on me, and one fat chick.

Archived