Gibson Brands Forums

2009 MIK Sheraton II VS

Tikirocker

Just thought I'd share my Sherry that I picked up back in 09 ... they are just beautiful guitars. When I was buying I tried out a ton of Gibson 335 STD's and the Sherry was their equal in my view - notwithstanding a pickup upgrade. Dare I say I came across many Gibson 335's that were not the equal of this Sheraton II - finish and other sundries were lacking. I am very happy with this guitar!

4q67w4.jpg

1z33thl.jpg

2heaxbd.jpg

nqts03.jpg

20h57c2.jpg

jsc936.jpg

s61zit.jpg

10xd4k9.jpg

Thanks gents ... love the Sheraton! I am about to go for a complete rewire, tone caps and PU replacement, will likely replace the nut with bone or tusq and replace saddle with something more sturdy too. Apart from that, these guitars are solid all round.

Best.

Thanks gents ... love the Sheraton! I am about to go for a complete rewire, tone caps and PU replacement, will likely replace the nut with bone or tusq and replace saddle with something more sturdy too. Apart from that, these guitars are solid all round.

Best.

I am interested in knowing what new replacement tone cap and pot values are recommended for improving its tone.

cheers,

Archived