Gibson Brands Forums

NPD Skreddy Supa Tone

Dub-T-123

I traded for this a while ago and just got it today. Mmmmm

photo-180.jpg

The finish looks WAY nicer in person.

This is an "improved" clone of the 1974 Colorsound Supa Tone fuzz; a variation of the Big Muff circuit. It uses low gain silicon transistors and has an added switch for regular scooped mids or flat mids. Obviously the flat mids help you cut through the mix better. This switch is pretty awesome and I don't want a Muff without it anymore.

Supa high quality and supa dope sounding. So far, I like it best with humbuckers and the volume cranked. It's got that smooth muffy sustain but it's just a bit thinner and raspier than your average muff. It sounds a bit "fuzzier" to my ears. That's how I like it.

I'll post a link to the Skreddy site and a demo or two in a minute.

EDIT: http://skreddypedals.com/skreddy_pedals_supa.htm

(you guys should check out the Skreddy Skrewdriver)

Alright this thing is bringin me back to my days when I used a Big Muff all the time. Since then, I got different fuzz and grew out of Big Muffs. They just didn't appeal to me anymore for some reason.

This pedal is making me a Muff lover once again. This thing fits my style way better than I thought it would. It sounds beautiful running into my El Capistan and it loves to be pushed by my **** od. I'm pretty stoked and really pretty surprised at how much I'm loving it. I mean I've done the whole muff thing a few times before I didn't think this would surprise me. But yeah this is definately a highly usable fuzz that will see lots of action in my band. I know my drummer is gonna be happy when he hears this.

I know I pretty much give all pedals the thumbs up, but this thing is great.

Gutshot

photo-182.jpg

sorry my iPhone really sucks at close ups the autofocus is terrible and you can't focus it manually.

Anyways, I opened it up today and it looks like I snagged #37. Pretty sweet. The first 20 or so used different transistors (or something like that) than the later ones and the one in that demo is one of the early ones. So mine sounds a little different than that (apparently better).

Gutshot

photo-182.jpg

sorry my iPhone really sucks at close ups the autofocus is terrible and you can't focus it manually.

Anyways, I opened it up today and it looks like I snagged #37. Pretty sweet. The first 20 or so used different transistors (or something like that) than the later ones and the one in that demo is one of the early ones. So mine sounds a little different than that (apparently better).

you can manually focus. click on the screen on where you want it to focus to...

cool guts though

My phone is pretty old I don't think it does that. There's one button for the camera and that's to take a picture. No zoom or brightness or anything like that.

I just tried and if it does do that, it sucks just as bad as the regular autofocus.

I think I might post some demos of some of their other cool pedals too. There will be GAS. Oh yes.

My phone is pretty old I don't think it does that. There's one button for the camera and that's to take a picture. No zoom or brightness or anything like that.

I just tried and if it does do that, it sucks just as bad as the regular autofocus.

I think I might post some demos of some of their other cool pedals too. There will be GAS. Oh yes.

You have the 3Gs right?

Nah the one before that. I think it's just called a 3g or somethin.

Anyways. Here's a cool one. The ? Lady with your main man gearmandude.

My pedal is known as "the anti-skreddy" so if you don't like it I'm sure you'll like some of their other stuff.

Here's their OD which I know you guys will dig.

they also have the deluxe version where the external trimpots are replaced with regular knobs.

[love] .. I know where a chunk of my next paycheck is going...

Archived