Gibson Brands Forums

Post your modded Juniors...

antwhi2001

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not mine, but found this pic while checking out the web for other modded Juniors, and thought it was kind of neat. I'm posting it here in case someone can find a little inspiration in it...

bdjr.jpg

(If I was wrong to post this here, please accept my apologies)

Hah! I had forgotten that I posted that here. I think I found that pic on a surf-punk band's Myspace page. The headstock looks like it says Gibson, but with the Epi TRC. It also looks like the headstock was reshaped to an open book style. It's obviously a bolt-on...

epishirt_zpscf8c2836.jpg

Just got one of those shirts myself...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just snagged this used '06 Epi '57 Reissue, and I don't think I'll be doing any mods on it, 'cause it sounds pretty nice the way it is.

Not sure if the previous owner replaced the stock P-100 with a P-90 or not, but the pickup that's in it sounds great to me, so I'm gonna leave well enough alone..

li7w.jpg

7dbn.jpg

je3a.jpg

q4gz.jpg

Is it OK to post a "stock" Epiphone Les Paul Jr. ? What modifications would you do to this one ? (I kind of like it exactly the way it is, but might entertain some modifications based on suggestions).

GEDC0161_zps788e6f11.jpg

Brianh, if you see this, where'd you get the "Epiphone" "E" truss rod cover ?

Crusty, if you like it exactly the way it is then I say....leave it exactly as it is!

But please take the stickers off??? [-o<

OK [thumbup]

Stickers will stay though. I kind of like them..I really don't know why...I think most remove them...I would feel the guitar is incomplete without them. :-s:-k no need to rush things 8-[ If I play the guitars as much as I want to (which is why I got them in the first place), I'm sure they will disintegrate and fall off soon enough [biggrin]

I contributed to the Harmony Central Electric Guitar forum's "sticky jam" (#7), for something to do earlier this evening. Not much going on over there and the Winter boredom has arrived :rolleyes: So, now you all know how I "play". hmm [blink]

http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/video/gallerypage/video-id/dyYmNnaTpQDsTANAnrWHCwVI5oGd2R8H

used the Jr. for that [smile]

Another "Lennon" modded Junior here. I went for the Madison Square Garden look as opposed to the later cherry refinish. All the mods were done by fellow board member Rabs. Pickup is the Lollar charlie christian and most of the parts were from Crazy Parts in Germany.

DSC03994_zpsd2c04269.jpg

Build thread: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/104804-the-john-lennon-les-paul-junior-project/

Another "Lennon" modded Junior here. I went for the Madison Square Garden look as opposed to the later cherry refinish. All the mods were done by fellow board member Rabs. Pickup is the Lollar charlie christian and most of the parts were from Crazy Parts in Germany.

DSC03994_zpsd2c04269.jpg

Build thread: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/104804-the-john-lennon-les-paul-junior-project/

far out [thumbup] [thumbup]

Hey, that's not an Epiphone...lol [biggrin]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived