Gibson Brands Forums

Need Help with a collection

Enmitygauged

Ok I know it may appear daggy and stupid but I collect Plectrums. I have all the members from most of my favourite bands except one. I am looking for if anyone has one or knows of one a Jeff Ament pic from Pearl Jam. I work side lines for a music store and tend to get great backstage access so crews are happy to sell bands picks for a bit of extra cash. It started in 2006 when Eddie Vedder handed me a pick and his Harmonica. Ive been hooked ever since. I dont even care anymore if the Ament pick is a 2006 or 2010 as long as its a JA pick. I know its strange but there has to be someone else who collects the damn things.

I collected pics for a number of years. Most from shows I attended. Many from friends that knew I collected them and a few off ebay.

You might try looking there to complete your collection.

By the way I always framed mine in groups that somehow where related like all from the same band or all blues artist, etc.

Hoped to hang them in my music room but that never happened now they're just all stored in my basement.

Nooo, that's not that strange. When i was on the road, I knew a guy who saved sets of strings. Best of luck with your collection. Like Pat Paulsen on the Smothers Brothers show use to say, "PICKY, PICKY, PICKY."

Some are in old pick boxes until I have a set others are on display. The Pearl Jam set which is the one I want on display is the one that is Killing me. Jeff Ament on Ebay sells for around $100 thats just too much to pay for a pick IMO. 20-30 maybe but not $100.00 although I may have to just bite the bullet and buy it.

Archived