Gibson Brands Forums

Vancouver

EVOL!

What is going on with your team? Timmy Thomas is showing you a brick wall while your goalie is acting like a sieve.

I am 50/50 on this series. Would like to see the Canucks win since no Canadien teams have won in a while, but I have a lot of respect for Thomas: a fellow goalie and he was born and raised an hour from where I was born in MI. Home state respect, right? So if Boston wins I'll be pretty happy.

What is going on with your team? Timmy Thomas is showing you a brick wall while your goalie is acting like a sieve.

I am 50/50 on this series. Would like to see the Canucks win since no Canadien teams have won in a while, but I have a lot of respect for Thomas: a fellow goalie and he was born and raised an hour from where I was born in MI. Home state respect, right? So if Boston wins I'll be pretty happy.

After the game 4 loss the Canucks offense was saying oh were giving thomas too much respect we need to crash the net more, the reality is it was the other way around. The Bruins really didnt kick it into high gear until the Canucks took out Horton with a late hit, now they are on a mission.

Finish every check, play sound defense and put the puck in the net, all the while stand up to the bully nucks and punch em right back. If the Bruins bring the same intensity in Vancouver they could steal a win there and once back home finish it off.

I think seeing their fallen teammate has really sparked the B's.

Oh ya and as for the wall, Tim Thomas was the best goalie all season, him playing well now shouldnt be any surprise.

After the game 4 loss the Canucks offense was saying oh were giving thomas too much respect we need to crash the net more, the reality is it was the other way around. The Bruins really didnt kick it into high gear until the Canucks took out Horton with a late hit, now they are on a mission.

Finish every check, play sound defense and put the puck in the net, all the while stand up to the bully nucks and punch em right back. If the Bruins bring the same intensity in Vancouver they could steal a win there and once back home finish it off.

+1

Take out a great player, suffer the consequences. I think Boston is gonna win it.

That was a shady hit IMO

+1

Take out a great player, suffer the consequences. I think Boston is gonna win it.

That was a shady hit IMO

Oh ya and as for the wall, Tim Thomas was the best goalie all season, him playing well now shouldnt be any surprise.

Errrr if you look at the stats for just the playoffs that is, regular season Bobby Lou was #1 and Tim Thomas was #9 and the difference between the two in the playoffs has pretty much been gained in the last two days with the goals Bobby Lou let in. Now I am not saying Thomas isnt a good goalie, but nothing above the ordinary. Vancouver dropped the ball big time the last couple days, I personally dont even feel the team arrived in Boston at all, at least not mentally. We lost one of our better defenceman (Rome) to a suspension for what a lot of people believed to be a legit hit, the rules state something like 15 frames after a person has passed the puck and Rome was like 22 frames or something, which at that point how you do really slow down or stop on ice? Vancouver was victim to two hits like this one against Nashville and one against San Jose I believe one had a 5 min major called but no suspension. I believe Kesler is skating injured as he hasnt been skating as fast, the first game against Boston he was skating circles around those old guys but now he is noticeably slower, and well to be honest Kesler is one of our better scroing players aside from the sedin sisters. In closing I blame it all on Burrows because he is the most overrated pretty boy player on the team, soo need to trade that loser.

+1

That was a shady hit IMO

Not at all, Horton should have been looking where he was going. It WAS a late hit, but only by fractions of a second, stopping on ice isnt instant. Did he deserve the penalty, of course he broke a rule, but there was no way that it was a shady, just illegal by NHL standards.

+1

That was a shady hit IMO

Im a Boston fan so id love nothing more than to win our first cup since Orr but until we can win in Vancouver it wont happen. I cant make a prediction but i will say that i believe Boston definately swung some serious momentum back in their favor with 2 games of lighting the lamps.

Luongo definately does not look confident in net so that bodes well for the Bruins but no matter who wins the fans are getting a good, gritty series. Some of the fighting and taunting is reminding me of the big bad bruins of old.

boston makes me want to buy a guitar ...and then smash it.

:o you b!tch!

I live in (for all intents and purposes) Boston, I'm not insanely psyched about it but it'll be nice if we win [thumbup]. I'm not going to pretend that I am a big hockey fan, just good to see a hometown team win.

Friend of mine was there last night, he said it was amazing.

Errrr if you look at the stats for just the playoffs that is, regular season Bobby Lou was #1 and Tim Thomas was #9 and the difference between the two in the playoffs has pretty much been gained in the last two days with the goals Bobby Lou let in. Now I am not saying Thomas isnt a good goalie, but nothing above the ordinary. Vancouver dropped the ball big time the last couple days, I personally dont even feel the team arrived in Boston at all, at least not mentally. We lost one of our better defenceman (Rome) to a suspension for what a lot of people believed to be a legit hit, the rules state something like 15 frames after a person has passed the puck and Rome was like 22 frames or something, which at that point how you do really slow down or stop on ice? Vancouver was victim to two hits like this one against Nashville and one against San Jose I believe one had a 5 min major called but no suspension. I believe Kesler is skating injured as he hasnt been skating as fast, the first game against Boston he was skating circles around those old guys but now he is noticeably slower, and well to be honest Kesler is one of our better scroing players aside from the sedin sisters. In closing I blame it all on Burrows because he is the most overrated pretty boy player on the team, soo need to trade that loser.

Lou is better? LOL.. Lets compare regular season stats this year ok?

Thomas GAA 2.00 SV PCT 935 Shutouts 9

Luongo GAA 2.11 SV PCT 928 Shutouts 4

Thomas beats him in every category and will be the vezina trophy winner come june 22nd.

Name one bad game that thomas even had in this series? You cant, he made a bad play in game 2 and lost twice when his team could not score but Luongo by comparison has given up like 12 goals in 2 consecutive games, that is pretty bad even for mediocre goalies.

Not at all, Horton should have been looking where he was going. It WAS a late hit, but only by fractions of a second, stopping on ice isnt instant. Did he deserve the penalty, of course he broke a rule, but there was no way that it was a shady, just illegal by NHL standards.

Should horton have kept his head up? Yes, but...it was a late hit, and Rome's feet left the ice to make a hit. That is supposed to be against the rules if im not mistake, go watch the hit again. Rome launched himself into our best winger and nailed him.

Watch the replay, Rome launched himself off the ice to elbow the head of horton and the only reason to do that is with the intent to injure. We lost our best winger for the finals yet they lose what a backup defenseman? Not exactly a fair tradeoff if you ask me.

If the Bruins were to take out one of the Sedins there would be criminal charges filed.

Lou is better? LOL.. Lets compare regular season stats this year ok?

Thomas GAA 2.00 SV PCT 935 Shutouts 9

Luongo GAA 2.11 SV PCT 928 Shutouts 4

Thomas beats him in every category and will be the vezina trophy winner come june 22nd.

Name one bad game that thomas even had in this series? You cant, he made a bad play in game 2 and lost twice when his team could not score but Luongo by comparison has given up like 12 goals in 2 consecutive games, that is pretty bad even for mediocre goalies.

Check the standings with the NHL and you will see your very wrong, sorry not trying to be a dildo here but I am not going to argue with someone who cant even be bothered to get the right information. Heck I even put it in my post regarding regular season and playoffs, which strangely enough I got this very morning off the NHL webpage.

http://www.google.ca...kejRow_uMYvY3mg

goto that webpage select regular season, select goalie and look at how the NHL ranks them. GAA, SV % none of that matters in the long run its the Wins, no matter how many goals you stop if you dont win the Stanley Cup at the end, your not number 1.

Should horton have kept his head up? Yes, but...it was a late hit, and Rome's feet left the ice to make a hit. That is supposed to be against the rules if im not mistake, go watch the hit again. Rome launched himself into our best winger and nailed him.

Watch the replay, Rome launched himself off the ice to elbow the head of horton and the only reason to do that is with the intent to injure. We lost our best winger for the finals yet they lose what a backup defenseman? Not exactly a fair tradeoff if you ask me.

Three other coaches and a GM have come out and stated that this would not have fallen under the catgeory of Rule 48, which is what they put it under. If you look at Rule 48 there are so many clauses and loop holes its a mess, the entire disciplinary commission is a mess and the NHL knows it thats why they are stepping in and changing it all next year. The only reason Rome took a penalty on that hit is because his hit connected with Horton's head, which is a BIG BIG no no after that hit Bertuzzi did on Steve Moore a few years back. The NHL plans on addressing this probably first when they look at the disciplinary commission and from what I read in the local newspaper this morning they plan on pretty much making any hit to the head illgeal regardless of going north to south or facing the boards or any of that crap. Vancouver was victim to similar hits by both San Jose and Nashville and neither team was repremanded because it didnt fall into Rule 48 because I believe one was facing the boards and one was travelling north to south. Heck even Mike Murphy said the suspension wasn't because of the hit only because of how late it was. Did we whine about it no, are we complaining that Rome got a penalty nope, most people in Vancouver believe he deserved it, were on the fair game bandwagon here. And if your mad that your winger got hit, well dont watch hockey, the NHL wants people to get hit thats why people continue to watch hockey, gotta expect injuries to happen.

If the Bruins were to take out one of the Sedins there would be criminal charges filed.

Ummm the goalie came out of the blue and body checked a Sedin and didnt even get a penalty...you know thats illegal right?

Check the standings with the NHL and you will see your very wrong, sorry not trying to be a dildo here but I am not going to argue with someone who cant even be bothered to get the right information. Heck I even put it in my post regarding regular season and playoffs, which strangely enough I got this very morning off the NHL webpage.

goto that webpage select regular season, select goalie and look at how the NHL ranks them. GAA, SV % none of that matters in the long run its the Wins, no matter how many goals you stop if you dont win the Stanley Cup at the end, your not number 1.

Three other coaches and a GM have come out and stated that this would not have fallen under the catgeory of Rule 48, which is what they put it under. If you look at Rule 48 there are so many clauses and loop holes its a mess, the entire disciplinary commission is a mess and the NHL knows it thats why they are stepping in and changing it all next year. The only reason Rome took a penalty on that hit is because his hit connected with Horton's head, which is a BIG BIG no no after that hit Bertuzzi did on Steve Moore a few years back. The NHL plans on addressing this probably first when they look at the disciplinary commission and from what I read in the local newspaper this morning they plan on pretty much making any hit to the head illgeal regardless of going north to south or facing the boards or any of that crap. Vancouver was victim to similar hits by both San Jose and Nashville and neither team was repremanded because it didnt fall into Rule 48 because I believe one was facing the boards and one was travelling north to south. Heck even Mike Murphy said the suspension wasn't because of the hit only because of how late it was. Did we whine about it no, are we complaining that Rome got a penalty nope, most people in Vancouver believe he deserved it, were on the fair game bandwagon here. And if your mad that your winger got hit, well dont watch hockey, the NHL wants people to get hit thats why people continue to watch hockey, gotta expect injuries to happen.

Ummm the goalie came out of the blue and body checked a Sedin and didnt even get a penalty...you know thats illegal right?

First of all Luongo started 60 games, Thomas 55. So there is part of the 3 more wins that Lu has and that is the only single stat that Luongo has on Thomas. Tim has a better save pct, better GAA and more than twice as many shutouts! 9-4

You can THINK that lu is the best goalie all you want but come the 22nd it will be Thomas holding the Vezina Trophy, not Luongo.

As for the Horton hit you darn well know if a Canadian player was hit like that there would be a giant uproar, the Canadians always over-reat to hits and they do lots of diving for calls like Soccer. The best was lastnite when Ballard stayed down trying for a penalty and didnt get back in time to defend Marchand and it cost them a goal.

And about Thomas hitting sedin, how many time have your forwards come in and poked/slashed/pulled his stick out of his hands like Burrows? If you want to call a penalty on thomas for it tho im cool with that but Burrows should have been ejected in the game he bit a bruins player too.

Archived