Gibson Brands Forums

Wow........This Video Is Just Amazing...........

Tman5293

Every single human being on the face of this planet should be required to watch this video. This speech by the late, great, Carl Sagan may be the most powerful and intelligent set of words ever laced together by any man. In this video Carl Sagan is talking about the picture Voyager 1 took of the Earth as it was leaving the solar system from over 4 billion miles away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luAteAz3WQ0&feature=player_embedded

I really hope that at least some of you agree with whats said in this video. I found his words to be so incredibly moving. I'm awe struck by how true this is. msp_thumbup.gif

Wow, These quotes are just amazing; " The Chinese are dirty people " and, " We should nuke Korea into nothing."

These are your quotes T5293...........just sayin'.......

Wow, These quotes are just amazing; " The Chinese are dirty people " and, " We should nuke Korea into nothing."

These are your quotes T5293...........just sayin'.......

Wow thanks man. That added absolutely nothing to this thread. msp_thumbdn.gif

I found that to be kindof superficially deep. I dunno.. I guess I've heard a lot of stoned people talk about **** like that and it doesn't do much for me.

It's not that I'm too stupid or unwilling to accept it. It's just mostly meaningless to me. Kindof a lot of "woahhh isn't that crazy man everybody lived on earth." When you think about it it's kinda like yeah no **** Carl Sagan.

It's pretty easy to get what he's saying. I'm not missing the point. It's just kinda... Eh..

Wow thanks man. That added absolutely nothing to this thread. msp_thumbdn.gif

Or possibly now you've gained a perspective you didn't have before. As a young man you have a chance to be a better person, A good husband, perhaps even start a family.

Certainly life is worth living but living a life worthwhile is even more important. Every second is precious. Choose wisely grasshopper.

I found that to be kindof superficially deep. I dunno.. I guess I've heard a lot of stoned people talk about **** like that and it doesn't do much for me.

It's not that I'm too stupid or unwilling to accept it. It's just mostly meaningless to me. Kindof a lot of "woahhh isn't that crazy man everybody lived on earth." When you think about it it's kinda like yeah no **** Carl Sagan.

It's pretty easy to get what he's saying. I'm not missing the point. It's just kinda... Eh..

I agree.

Words that come to mind: Platitudes, sententious, hackneyed...

Every single human being on the face of this planet should be required to watch this video. This speech by the late, great, Carl Sagan may be the most powerful and intelligent set of words ever laced together by any man. In this video Carl Sagan is talking about the picture Voyager 1 took of the Earth as it was leaving the solar system from over 4 billion miles away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luAteAz3WQ0&feature=player_embedded

I really hope that at least some of you agree with whats said in this video. I found his words to be so incredibly moving. I'm awe struck by how true this is. msp_thumbup.gif

Carl Sagan was wonderful. He was one of the kind who could make complex concepts and ideas understandable to the average person who is willing to put some thought into the subject. It's an older book and PBS series, but "Cosmos" is highly recommended if you've never read or watched it.

"If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another." - Carl Sagan.

Carl Sagan was wonderful. He was one of the kind who could make complex concepts and ideas understandable to the average person who is willing to put some thought into the subject. It's an older book and PBS series, but "Cosmos" is highly recommended if you've never read or watched it.

"If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another." - Carl Sagan.

I've watched some episodes of Cosmos on youtube. It's really great stuff! I love that quote to. msp_thumbup.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUtL_0vAJk

A way with words isnt wonderful, how one conducts and uses them in situations is. To real things...to real things.

Spoken like a true man of the world dem00n..............

Sagan; Smart guy....But, a scientist with a flare for rambling....

MLK, a smart man with a flare with and for the truth.................

• 2 weeks later...

If you think he's rambling, you weren't paying attention.

In our arrogance, we think we are masters of all that there is. Sagan points out that we are but a dust peck on the clover flower of the universe.

I was fascinated by Sagan's Cosmos series when it originally ran. He used newly received, close up photos of Jupiter and Saturn during Voyager's fly-by. Absolutely fascinating! Then-to-fore all we were able to discern were fuzzy dots, some rings and bands. With this fly-by we were seeing rocks and erupting volcanoes on their moons!, Moons we did not know were there. =D>

If you think he's rambling, you weren't paying attention.

In our arrogance, we think we are masters of all that there is. Sagan points out that we are but a dust peck on the clover flower of the universe.

This! msp_thumbup.gif

Archived