Gibson Brands Forums

forum bromance?

S t e v e

I has now updated my Member Titlez andz Avatar so y'all boys DON'T. FORGET. AGAIN.

C'mon! I don't look a thing like a guy.

I wearz glitter eyeshadow and major eyeliner, sparkles and sequins, lipstick and I ain't just a purty tranny.

I'z been a girl since the day I was born. Proof:

12465_169287981731_9466911731_2993161_5924600_n.jpg

Me & my older sister, note the MATCHING DRESSES :lol:

12465_169287971731_9466911731_2993159_5477124_n.jpg

Age 2-ish

12465_169287516731_9466911731_2993157_212926_n.jpg

My Senior HS Pic

Plus I happen to love my female-ness thankz very much!!

I am just not into: E V E R being called "cute" (vomit vomit ](*,)eusa_sick.gif ) tooooooo many ruffles, scrapbooking, So You Think You Can Dance, romance novels, those big-ol silk flower clips in my hair, gossping, nagging, or heaven forbid, housework. eusa_sick.gif

[wub] Linda [wub]

Linda...

<grin> All kidding aside, you'd be of an age for adoption, but not "bromance." But, alas, it appears anyone who'd want to be adopted by this old man would just want my guitars when I begin the study of turf from the under side... <grin>

Even Karen (Gilliangirl) is, alas, of similar youthfulness. Sheesh.

Actually... the advantage of seriously gray hair is that you can tell folks you really, really need to go take a nap and they believe you. <grin>

m

I has now updated my Member Titlez andz Avatar so y'all boys DON'T. FORGET. AGAIN.

I wearz glitter eyeshadow and major eyeliner, sparkles and sequins, lipstick...

I'm not really sure that disqualifies some of the guys nowadays.

And hell Milod there's no reason to complain about grey hair. If you make 50 years old and still have hair your kind of in the winners circle already anyway. My hair is spikey and full of cowlicks so I used to get teased constantly, now that I'm 50 my hair is mostly grey it's still spikey and sticking out all over the place but not many of my friends can tease me anymore.

It takes a real man to wear a dress

Ask any scotsman....

V

:-({|=

heheh

There is a Scottish regiment of the Canadian military known as The Black Watch that are just as known for their bravery and being tough as nails as they were for their kilts.

I've heard a few stories about some of their members getting harrassed by US military in bars while visiting the US. According to the stories it didn't end well for either the soldiers in the brawl or the MP's that were sent to bust up the brawl... and to add to it, their commanding officer was not only upset with them for getting into a bar fight and getting beat up by a bunch of men wearing dresses, but also that they didn't take the time to find out who they were dealing with. LOL

Hmmmm, milod, .............mithinks I am still much too old for Jimmy Page tho.....

ROFLMBO

His last (latest?) wife was 17 with a new baby when he married her...... at about 54......... :blink:

LOL [rolleyes] (Disclaimer: he adopted, and raised, the baby with her {plus had a couple more} for which he gets kudos in my book) .... his youngest 2 are the same ages as my #4 and #5 ............. and he's 67.

However I will gladly accept your adoption offer and all the guitars in your Will....... how's your health???

Linda

Linda...

Yeah, see? All anybody's interested in are my guitars when I croak.

I haven't trained very hard at all since '95, and I'm outa shape in spite of not adding weight. But I haven't taken a sick day from work except for dental stuff <ARGH!!!) since I was 20, long, long before you were born.

I eat and drink all the wrong things, smoke a bit of tobacco, and have other worse, but legal, habits such as workaholism and guitar pickerism... <grin>

m

Linda...

Yeah, see? All anybody's interested in are my guitars when I croak.

Eh well, the dudes who want your body after you croak - they're the kinda freaks you wanna watch out for anyways. [scared]

I haven't trained very hard at all since '95, and I'm outa shape in spite of not adding weight. But I haven't taken a sick day from work except for dental stuff <ARGH!!!) since I was 20, long, long before you were born.

I eat and drink all the wrong things, smoke a bit of tobacco, and have other worse, but legal, habits such as workaholism and guitar pickerism... <grin>

m

......you mean since you were 95?

DANG, you lookin' GOOD fella!!

George Burns got nothin on you [love]

Better guitar pickerism than nose pickerism........... now that......... I can't be around [bored]eusa_sick.gif

Linda...

Nope, in 1995 I was still 45 years shy of 95. (Only 30 years shy of it now.) I hadda quit training an hour or two a day on average 'cuz I ended up entering a different life. <grin> Well, work-wise anyway. The apostrophe before the "95" is to abbreviate the year.

Actually, if you had my full name spelled sorta correctly, your background probably would let you easily research that I was born July 15, 1842, in Washington, VT, and enlisted in the 112th Illinois in August of 1862.

Or... what the heck, genealogy doesn't show this, but actually I was born in the Highlands of Scotland in 1453, but my own Samurai sword is steel rather than something lighter for movie purposes, and has the real thing cord-wrapped wood handle rather than a plastic fake ivory handle. <verrrrry serious look; then a chortle>

No kidding on this one, though, I'm still about 5-9, 160.

No hoodie to check under. Never wore the things.

m

Linda...

Or... what the heck, genealogy doesn't show this, but actually I was born in the Highlands of Scotland in 1453, but my own Samurai sword is steel rather than something lighter for movie purposes, and has the real thing cord-wrapped wood handle rather than a plastic fake ivory handle. <verrrrry serious look; then a chortle>

No kidding on this one, though, I'm still about 5-9, 160.

OOhhhHOOOHHHhhhhhhhh eh -- hang on a sec -- I think I remember you from back then. Yeah - it's all coming back ---

You were pretty good with that sword, but as I recall I whooped your tail and you ran home whining to Mama.

Fun times, fun times.

But DANG I just can't escape you people finding me out.

](*,)

Don't tell Jimmy Page I'm here please, he has a score to settle with me from about 1208 AD and I don't really need my bow back yet. :lol: He can keep it a while longer.

[wink]

L

Linda...

Actually my fencing was good enough to compete in high school against Yale's frosh team, teach beginners and coach an intramural team long before you were born. <grin>

My folks were fencers in the '50s. In fact, and this also is true, my Mom the teacher was called into the principal's office because of a report she and my Dad were out on their driveway fighting with long sticks. <chortle>

My CW era officer's saber still is out in the Jeep right now. I actually did a piece on its use for a fencing magazine some years ago. Because of its heft, the technique is quite a bit different from current Olympic saber fencing.

I'm not kidding on the Japanese sword, either.

m

Cool.

And I'm not kidding on keep the entity currently known as "Jimmy Page" away from me either [laugh]

[bored] Eh, the resultant fireworks, not pretty [omg]

Meanwhile, my son is looking for longsword (not fencing, he insists) lessons...........

Linda

However I will gladly accept your adoption offer and all the guitars in your Will....... how's your health???

Linda

Best line ever. BTW I thought Damian got my portrait tattoo'd im so hurt right now I could dance to lady Gaga. (there I did it someone report this post for mentioning lady gaga on a Gibson forum)

Linda...

There are a number of "long sword" concepts and styles, both east and west.

Some are with variations of shield usage, some without.

Partly one must needs in ways first define "long sword."

Sword styles had a number of different "schools" at the same general period of time in Europe alone. Earlier yet in Roman times there were dozens of concepts of "long sword" in Europe. Etc., etc.

One must needs note that the general shape of the sword, the type of steel, the type of "handle," etc., etc., all play a role in how such were used. Depending on time and place, too, there were more formal or informal training styles, too.

For a given time period and place Chanman might be best to question on this. However, again, that's basically one time and place.

m

well, swleary gets a bit jelous when i talk to other men on the phone...jus sayin #-o

I don't get jealous if you talk to other men Steve. I do upset when you yell their names out. I find that very disrespectful sometimes. For the longest time I really thought my name was Gary Moore. Btw you left your underwear lol

I don't get jealous if you talk to other men Steve. I do upset when you yell their names out. I find that very disrespectful sometimes. For the longest time I really thought my name was Gary Moore. Btw you left your underwear lol

[scared][blush]

Partly one must needs in ways first define "long sword."

m

The pair he ordered off the internet are made of wood. And about 5' long.

I am no good at this really, anymore. Honestly the rest of it was all in a past life and it's a bit fuzzy...............

Linda

Best line ever. BTW I thought Damian got my portrait tattoo'd im so hurt right now I could dance to lady Gaga. (there I did it someone report this post for mentioning lady gaga on a Gibson forum)

Hehe thank you Enmitygauged but I really can't help you with your relationship with Damian. He's a little flighty and unpredictable so I was really quite surprised he tattooed anything on himself permanently.............. however .............

Happy to report the thing has been duly removed, not via pedicure file as threatened, but I found the proper wand curse by calling up the ghost of Dumbledore -- so it's gone.

Not entirely without pain though, as, I Splinched myself on the return Apparation. [cursing]

So when his skin grows back (oh - and sorry about the back waxing, dB, but it WAS a necessity pre-curse tattoo removal-- yyeeeesh, sick, not an experience I shall EVER care to repeat, in any lifetime-- eusa_sick.gif ) maybe he'll consider you as a replacement??

[lol]

Meanwhile dance away, were you Born That Way or is that just your Pokerface talking? [biggrin]

Archived