Gibson Brands Forums

Look at this Fake

ne14t?

Claims it looks better than any Epiphone and most Standards and by that I am guessing he means a real Gibson. I can tell from the crappy picture its got a nasty burst on it, even a blind person could tell that, not even a flame maple cap, heck there isnt even a veneer! This is on par with an Epiphone Les Paul Special II.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/msg/2445480553.html

Posting it here, and posting a AD on CL to discourage people.

Claims it looks better than any Epiphone and most Standards and by that I am guessing he means a real Gibson. I can tell from the crappy picture its got a nasty burst on it, even a blind person could tell that, not even a flame maple cap, heck there isnt even a veneer! This is on par with an Epiphone Les Paul Special II.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/msg/2445480553.html

Posting it here, and posting a AD on CL to discourage people.

"best replica i have ever seen better than any epiphone and most les paul standards"

AND IT COMES WITH A BOSS DS1!!

People like this are ridiculous....He deserves a good smack to the face [thumbdn]

Yeah I am just waiting for CL to post it up right now, its got a direct link to this thread too, I want the guy to feel dirty with shame. I mean you can get a Gibson LP Studio which is a nicer guitar for the same price.

Yeah browsing Kijiji yesterday, I saw some guy say that he had to "outsource" the creation of the les paul custom he wanted because Gibson wouldn't do it. He said he had them leave the headstock blank. What a tool.

"Les Paul Deluxe 12 String $400 obo

This is a custom made guitar that I had produced in china to create a model that Gibson never did. It's basically a knock off of a Les Paul Custom with a flamed maple top and double bound body, neck and headstock, but this is a 12 string guitar. It is of a very high construction quality and works exactly as it should.

Rather than have the manufacture put a bogus name on the headstock or try and make it out to be something it's not. I choose to simply leave the headstock blank.

The electronics are chinese made knock offs of passive EMG humbuckers. They're very high output and sound very good particularly through a high gain set up."

Par Example;

9055m7i_19.jpeg

1951ee8_19.jpeg

8929lc5_19.jpeg

Outsource the creation, I gotta remember that line its a good one!

Yeah here's the translation

(What he thinks he's saying) "Yeah, I had to go over Gibson's head to develop my guitar because they couldn't appreciate what I wanted to create; I AM an artist after all"

(What he's actually saying) "I couldn't afford a Gibson custom shop model"

Archived