Gibson Brands Forums

wow, talk about torture

This_Dying_Soul

I posted the other day about how I was getting to see Jeff Beck...

Well my wife has decided since I'm dragging her along to see him and she has no idea who Beck is, that I should go to see a show with her that she wants to see.

her choice - The *****cat Dolls featuring Carmen Electra.

I don't know which of us is getting the raw deal here. Her worst case scenario is that she really doesn't like Jeff Becks music' she can plug her ears but still has to look at a wrinkled old man. [scared]

...If I don't like the music at *****cat Dolls, I can also plug my ears, but I get to look at a barely dressed group of attractive women. [drool] One of which includes Baywatch and posing for Playboy on her resume [woot][love][woot] ... boy, the things I put up with to keep my wife happy and get to see the concerts I want to see. [flapper]

yeah, and since barely any concerts seem to come out this way that she really wants to see and there's so many I want to see that I'm forced to pick and choose what I go to; even if I'm not the least interested I try to take her out to whatever passed through here that she's into.

I mean, since 2003 I've seen BB King, Ozzy, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Zappa Plays Zappa and now Jeff Beck. She's seen Rhiana and Sarah McLachlan and soon, The *****cat Dolls. And she brought me to Kiss, Cooper and ZPZ as birthday gifts.

Um, ah, hmm, ah, hmm....Rhiana isn't a musical artist, musician, or anything but a manufactured piece of ****.....

Just sayin'............

I don't disagree. much like the *****cat Dolls ... and I notice the word ***** gets sensored in here [laugh], lets see... P.U.S.S.Y. ... for me she was mostly eye candy. Of course, I will admit, I didn't expect her to even have a guitarist in her group, much less one as good as he was.

DUDE!!!!

If you are able to attend a concert with your wife where you are basically getting to have to look at HOT scantily clad women and your wife is HAPPIER for the experience as a whole, YOU have come out WAY ahead.

Whatever you are doing, keep doing it. And whatever she is doing, let her keep doing it. It seems to be working.

DUDE!!!!

If you are able to attend a concert with your wife where you are basically getting to have to look at HOT scantily clad women and your wife is HAPPIER for the experience as a whole, YOU have come out WAY ahead.

Whatever you are doing, keep doing it. And whatever she is doing, let her keep doing it. It seems to be working.

lol

If I figure out how I'm getting myself into this predicament I'll be sure to let you guys know. [confused][biggrin]:rolleyes:

What an eclectic world we live in....

Jeff Beck on the one hand

P***ycat Dolls on the other

I venture to suggest it would be a rare female who would 'dig' Jeff Beck

Many scantily clad female groups IMO are just formulaic money makers with little musical originality

Dead in the water without a flash video

So perhaps the censoring of 'P***y' has a deeper resonance in the world at large....

V

:-({|=

Sounds like a sweet deal - ear plugs and Pu$$ycat Doll visuals for Jeff Beck.

Your wife isn't a tough negotiator - she should have wrung some new jewelry out of that one. B)

If she would have tried to push for something like that I would have cried fowl since just last month the price of not being hassled about my $1500 Les Paul purchase was to spend $6000 on an air conditioning system for the house. But in return I all pushed back that there will be no more major purchases for the house except major repairs since that AC system wiped out our whole budget for other things that we were planning on doing before she sprung that one on me. Even some minor cosmetic things like the railing on our front step that got bent out of shape by ice falling from the roof is on the back burner.

What an eclectic world we live in....

Jeff Beck on the one hand

P***ycat Dolls on the other

I venture to suggest it would be a rare female who would 'dig' Jeff Beck

Many scantily clad female groups IMO are just formulaic money makers with little musical originality

Dead in the water without a flash video

So perhaps the censoring of 'P***y' has a deeper resonance in the world at large....

V

:-({|=

Don't know if he plans to play any of the music he did with Rod Stewart, but if even brings a vocalist it should go ok as long as he doesn't sound like Rod... she hates his voice. Since I don't know many women who say that, I consider her a rare female already... that and full knowning what to expect if I ever get the opportunity to see Dream Theater, she said she wants to go even though she's not a huge fan of their music either. In fact, she doesn't like much of my music, but even the ones I dragged her to practically kicking and screaming, she said she enjoyed the show and was actually glad she went instead of making me find someone else to go. In the case of Ozzy, I think it was because she'd gotten into his reality show. She even enjoyed Zappa Plays Zappa!

Archived