Gibson Brands Forums

NPD......Don't look Steve lol

swleary

Finally after doing research, getting advice on here and going out to try every fuzz pedal I could find...the winner is........

003-4.jpg

002-2.jpg

001-5.jpg

I haven't been this excited over a pedal in a longtime, not since I had an Ibanez TS-808. The Keeley totally compliments my style and sound :)

What is that thing? The name sounds like a fuzz face clone but it doesn't really sound very "fuzzy" to me. It sounds like a

slightly fuzzy overdrive to me.

Glad you found a box you like man. Do you know what transistors are in it or what it's based on?

What is that thing? The name sounds like a fuzz face clone but it doesn't really sound very "fuzzy" to me. It sounds like a

slightly fuzzy overdrive to me.

Glad you found a box you like man. Do you know what transistors are in it or what it's based on?

It has both Ge and Si, switchable. kinda like a fuzz face. The one I played on could get decent fuzz tones, but its not that fuzzy. I was pushing a Vox AC4 with both knobs all the way up

That link doesn't really say anything about the transistors/diodes but I was just a little curious I don't really care.

I like my fuzz a lot fuzzier personally (not necessarily more gain but just more of a "fuzz" sound) but this seems cool if you don't really like fuzz but just want a little hint of it. Which I guess is what you're going for. Right on brotha

I'm thinking Fred is on crack again lol

I find I can get a lot of fuzz out of you. I do have to turn down the fuzz just to keep it tame. I do like a mellow kind of tone. I tried so many different fuzz's, I almost got sick of fuzz lol. I keep it around 9 O'clock now, just to give my Marshall a little boost :)

I'm thinking Fred is on crack again lol

I find I can get a lot of fuzz out of you. I do have to turn down the fuzz just to keep it tame. I do like a mellow kind of tone. I tried so many different fuzz's, I almost got sick of fuzz lol. I keep it around 9 O'clock now, just to give my Marshall a little boost :)

The little switch goes from Germanium to Silicon, not on crack <_<

See this is the problem with coming to an open forum. I read and see what other people buy. I listen to my own sound and wonder what is needed to further it then do my own research on things. Hmmm can get expensive though lol....

I think Fuzz gives a nice compliment to my tone, gives me just a little fuzziness to a creamy sound....fuzzy cream lol...hmmm that could be a name of another pedal lol..,

Archived