Gibson Brands Forums

Tele sounds like a Les Paul Jr?

bluesguitar65

I take it you like it? My Silvertone has a pair of blue label, made in Chicago twelve inchers and I love them. Been wondering how the new Italian made Jensens are. Some day I'll get around to upgrading the speaker in my nineties Deluxe Reverb RI and Jensens were the first brand to come to mind.

I have been considering those as a replacement for my 4x10, the video just strengthens the argument.

If it makes a Tele sound like a junior I can only imagine how a Junior would sound.

msp_thumbup.gif

I have been considering those as a replacement for my 4x10, the video just strengthens the argument.

If it makes a Tele sound like a junior I can only imagine how a Junior would sound.

msp_thumbup.gif

I have a LP jr as well and other Gibson P90 guitars, but can an LP jr sound like a tele? [tongue] A tele pretty much is like a swiss army knife.

Here is one video of mine with a SG 60s tribute with P90s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vXii5iS9pE

Cool!! But are there any shirts for the middle aged cool kid's club? [tongue]

I am pushing middle age and I have one. They do make you a lot hipper than those ******bag short sleeves you'll get from JoS A Banks.

Just make sure you call head to the jam session to make sure both of you haven't decided to wear it. #-o

I am pushing middle age and I have one. They do make you a lot hipper than those ******bag short sleeves you'll get from JoS A Banks.

Just make sure you call head to the jam session to make sure both of you haven't decided to wear it. #-o

LOL! [flapper]

To clarify, Fuzzy and I got together to make noise this past Sunday. Both of us showed up wearing our Jensen tone Ts. Not cool.

The fashion police were alerted. No casualties, but some onlookers probably thought we were lame. What did we learn from that? Jensen brings people together

Man....you have been looking at my wish list? The fender tone bender and a univox super fuzz are what I'm looking for.

Fender tone bender? You mean fender blender? Or vox tone bender?

Lol I said you should get a tone bender and/or a superfuzz when you asked what to get for 60s/70s fuzz sound.

lol I guess I can't blame you.

The Fender Blender is the most annoying pedal I've ever used. I like octave fuzz but I can't stand that thing. I don't really know what it is about it...

The Tone Bender on the other hand is like Jimmy Page and Mick Ronson style fuzz. So it's perfect for that 60s/70s style sound. There were several different versions made. The MKl was used by the Beatles on "Think for Yourself" I believe, the MKll was used by Jimmy Page and he later switched to a MKlll. Not sure what Mick Ronson used, but I want whatever he used as well as an MKl.

lol I guess I can't blame you.

The Fender Blender is the most annoying pedal I've ever used. I like octave fuzz but I can't stand that thing. I don't really know what it is about it...

The Tone Bender on the other hand is like Jimmy Page and Mick Ronson style fuzz. So it's perfect for that 60s/70s style sound. There were several different versions made. The MKl was used by the Beatles on "Think for Yourself" I believe, the MKll was used by Jimmy Page and he later switched to a MKlll. Not sure what Mick Ronson used, but I want whatever he used as well as an MKl.

Hey hey hey! Don't group the vintage Fender Blenders in with the new ones. New ones are absolute crap. The old ones rock

Tone Benders are awesome

lol or so they say I guess..

I wouldn't say that they're absolute crap but I would say that I hate the way they sound. I guess that's all subjective but IMO there are much tastier octave fuzzes like the superfuzz or tone machine

Archived