Gibson Brands Forums

Whatever happened to Mr. Gibbs?

larryp58

Heeeeey , F R I E N D S !!!!!!

Thank you for this topic!!! I really did not appear here in the Gibson Acoustic Forum since a month or two. The crysis did not hit me (THANK YOU L O R D!!!) and I am still alive and in a good health. In may and june I had a lot of work to do in my job (thank You again Lord!)> I don't play and record so much lately because of the lack of energy... The nice video posted here is made by the athor of the lyrics of the song recorded in the video - she is a TV journalist. The recording is made in a professional studio, that's why the quality is good. Last few months I play and sing with friends and we made a group for acoustic music - play and sing in bulgarian language. We have a site and fans (wow) but we are not so good as I'd like to be...... However I appreciate very high tis project because in my age (50 years OLD! man) it is a gift to find friends and to play with.

Now in this moment I am in Greece on the seaside (the place is called Polychrono - in Halkidiki). The sea is very blue (and salty!) and the weather is very-very hot. The small hotel is 20 meters from the water and everything is just fine. I did not brng here my M-R GIBS or my "GALE" but my old and fidel Yamaha - new strings and stunning. She is waiting for me in the corner of the hotel room and we are going to have some fun in the afternoon just two of us when my woman goes to the beach.

Lately I purchased a hybrid guitar from internet (Ibanez Montage - a red one - you can see it in my youtube channel) and it was a very bad moove from my side. The electronic turned to be F....... Up and there is a lot of noise, and I have no a guarantee, and probably this guitar will be thrown in the garbage sooner or later... I bought this instrument to play with it on stage when I have concerts with the group (there is some reverb, chorus and drive inside) but it appears when those instruments are loaded with much electronics inside there are a lot of risk something to not work properly...

So I will focus again on the very acoustic guitars I have ;-)

So - thanks again for the concern and when I go back home after 5-6 days I'll post a new youtube upload ;-)

By the way M-R GIBS had problems with the top in winter time and went again to the luthier's atelier (the action became very low)... After 2 months in the atelier hooked on the wall M-R GIBS ressurected. The problem turned out to be the next - VERY DRY AIR IN MY HOUSE... And I was keeping the guitars on the stands... Now all my instruments are in the hard-shell cases and with humidifiers inside and I hope there will no "dry air problems" anymore!

Cheers from Greece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heeeeey , F R I E N D S !!!!!!

Thank you for this topic!!! I really did not appear here in the Gibson Acoustic Forum since a month or two. The crysis did not hit me (THANK YOU L O R D!!!) and I am still alive and in a good health. In may and june I had a lot of work to do in my job (thank You again Lord!)> I don't play and record so much lately because of the lack of energy... The nice video posted here is made by the athor of the lyrics of the song recorded in the video - she is a TV journalist. The recording is made in a professional studio, that's why the quality is good. Last few months I play and sing with friends and we made a group for acoustic music - play and sing in bulgarian language. We have a site and fans (wow) but we are not so good as I'd like to be...... However I appreciate very high tis project because in my age (50 years OLD! man) it is a gift to find friends and to play with.

Now in this moment I am in Greece on the seaside (the place is called Polychrono - in Halkidiki). The sea is very blue (and salty!) and the weather is very-very hot. The small hotel is 20 meters from the water and everything is just fine. I did not brng here my M-R GIBS or my "GALE" but my old and fidel Yamaha - new strings and stunning. She is waiting for me in the corner of the hotel room and we are going to have some fun in the afternoon just two of us when my woman goes to the beach.

Lately I purchased a hybrid guitar from internet (Ibanez Montage - a red one - you can see it in my youtube channel) and it was a very bad moove from my side. The electronic turned to be F....... Up and there is a lot of noise, and I have no a guarantee, and probably this guitar will be thrown in the garbage sooner or later... I bought this instrument to play with it on stage when I have concerts with the group (there is some reverb, chorus and drive inside) but it appears when those instruments are loaded with much electronics inside there are a lot of risk something to not work properly...

So I will focus again on the very acoustic guitars I have ;-)

So - thanks again for the concern and when I go back home after 5-6 days I'll post a new youtube upload ;-)

By the way M-R GIBS had problems with the top in winter time and went again to the luthier's atelier (the action became very low)... After 2 months in the atelier hooked on the wall M-R GIBS ressurected. The problem turned out to be the next - VERY DRY AIR IN MY HOUSE... And I was keeping the guitars on the stands... Now all my instruments are in the hard-shell cases and with humidifiers inside and I hope there will no "dry air problems" anymore!

Cheers from Greece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to hear from you, Krassi! Glad things are well with you. Looking forward to some new music from you! Don't be such a stranger on the Forum! Always love to hear your input on the various posts!

Archived