Gibson Brands Forums

EL-00

brannon67

I've had one for about a year, now and LOVE it. It is the neatest littel git to sit on the couch and just enjoy playing. I use it for practice because the shorter scale length makes me be more precice in my fingering. I tried to put some flat-wound strings on it but it got too mellow. I had to put some "brighter" strings on to get the sound I liked. Keep It Fun, Dean

• 3 weeks later...

Bought mine over a year ago, and like it. Plan on changing strings a few times until you find some that suit the type of sound you want from EL. I also changed out the bridge pins. This little guitar definitely gives me more than my money's worth.

had mine since Jan., so 7 almost 8 months-out of all the guitars i own (even the h-bird) i have never put it in a case, it stays on a stand always wihin arms reach-its great for playing solo and for couch/porch sessions-it records well and will add great layering when played and tuned up in the mix a bit with a dread (like my h-bird) or even a ooo-this guitar is something i will never give up-its got soul, its a damn good guitar.

you dont need to be a rockstar, you just need to enjoy playing.

I had my eye on one of these for six months or so but they're almost impossible to find in the uk. I'd decided to get a Hohner parlor in the end but the shop happened to have got an El00 in just days before!

I think it's a great guitar. I do wish the nut spaced the strings out better though, so might get that replaced in time.

Has anyone noticed much difference after replacing with a tusq saddle or bridge pins?

hey blofield

how mauch did you pay in the uk??

i have thinking about getting one of these models and there is one far from where i live at 219€ brand new (excluding case).

is that about right compared to the uk??

ozigor

Archived