Gibson Brands Forums

Save your receipts kids.

Last August I purchased a Polytuner from tc electronics. It worked great until it simply died on me a couple weeks ago. I called the company, left a message and surprisingly got a call back the next day. After listening to my issue they said they would email info on returning the tuner so they could check out the problem.

I got the email and shipped out the pedal with my receipt. Within a week I received another email informing me I would be getting a package from tc electronics.

Two days later UPS brought me a brand new pedal. Gotta love a company that makes things right with their customers.msp_thumbup.gif

Last August I purchased a Polytuner from tc electronics. It worked great until it simply died on me a couple weeks ago. I called the company, left a message and surprisingly got a call back the next day. After listening to my issue they said they would email info on returning the tuner so they could check out the problem.

I got the email and shipped out the pedal with my receipt. Within a week I received another email informing me I would be getting a package from tc electronics.

Two days later UPS brought me a brand new pedal. Gotta love a company that makes things right with their customers.msp_thumbup.gif

Hope it was another tuner and not from a bicycle. Blee hee he.... Good Customer service is great when you get it.

Do you know what the problem was?

I wanted a Polytune and a Hall of Fame until I read some offputting things about them. I've read that the switches are garbage and that some of them have some crazy glitches or something. I think the switch problems are probably mostly from people stepping too hard on them since it's a soft touch switch or whatever.

There was a big thread about the problems over at TGP a while ago.

Do you know what the problem was?

I wanted a Polytune and a Hall of Fame until I read some offputting things about them. I've read that the switches are garbage and that some of them have some crazy glitches or something. I think the switch problems are probably mostly from people stepping too hard on them since it's a soft touch switch or whatever.

There was a big thread about the problems over at TGP a while ago.

No dub. I was expecting some explanation but just got the new tuner.

Hello, Fellow Babies,

It occurred to me that it might be a very persuasive ploy when communicating with a company about their product to mention the Gibson Guitar forum. I presume the monitors (minotaurs) might have thoughts or regulations concerning this.

All your contacts with a company should be in writing, whether by email or snail mail; this way you have a record of the discussion and any details that might be important.

Situation A: a generous demonstration of the Qualities that have proved time and again that guitar players are the real, good Jedis, and that we still honor the code.

1 ) In the initial, dated contact with the company, you describe the problem with their product and the remedy you desire: a fix, a replacement, or your money back.

2) The company responds by granting your request or a satisfactory alternative. You replay with a thank-you letter, and you include a print out or a copy of the Forum containing the relevant positive commentary where you describe your happiness with the product and the company that worked so well to satisfy your needs. Include the remarks of your brother guitar players. And be sure to include a print-out or screen grab of the Gibson Lounge page - a little enlarged - so the company can read the topics, the number of replies, and the number of viewers, world-wide.

Situation B: a demonstration of clout ---call it the power to crush ego and image

1) In the initial, dated contact with the company, you describe the problem with their product and the remedy you desire: a fix, a replacement, or your money back.

2) If the company proves intransigent, in your second contact, you essentially repeat your first request or the remedy you originally suggested in the first letter in order to record in the second dated letter that you have attempted to negotiate a good faith settlement. At that time, you might mention Dave Carroll and his song about United Airlines, and that you too are composing a little song to air shortly on YouTube. Include the information, "oh, by-the way I'm a member of the Gibson Guitar Forum:" and be sure to note that it is an internet site with world-wide viewers. Be sure to include a print-out or screen grab of the Gibson Lounge page - a little enlarged - so the company can read the topics, the number of replies, and the number of viewers.

2 sub 1) Enjoy composing some lyrics. Get those nasty feelin's out and let 'em breath... Once you're past that, you can get serious and tell a good story. For a sad story, I like a tune based on on the Everly Brothers ballad, Take a Letter to Mary. If ya can't handle the harmonies, use something bouncy like, On Top of Ol' Smokey. But a good fallback might be a blues on the ol' reliable 1- 4 - 5 progression.

3) If #2 doesn't prove persuasive, in your third contact, you could include a print out a copy of the Forum containing the relevant negative commentary where you describe your grievance and the remarks of your brother guitar players. Be sure to give them the web site so that they too can listen too and enjoy your song. You generously include a print-out/screen-shot of the post topic which would show the number of viewers and replies.

To use the power of the Gibson Forum force wisely, the most important point it is. A potent force for Good or Evil, it is. But wisely used, it must be. Prime Movers, motives, and ends, even by a Jedi, cannot seen be. Generous thanks and praise the greatest use of the Force in the first Instance, a Jedi must use. Surely as life a Jedi cannot give, To deal death and despair on the internet, slow, thoughtful, and reluctant a Jedi must be.

My friend bought a TC Electronic Flanger and it crapped out on him in less than a week. Brand new.

No idea what it was, it would cut in and out, but the store took it back and just said they were sending it back. He bought a Boss Space Echo instead now

Archived