Gibson Brands Forums

Why is this so expensive?

lagerfanny

The EMG pups dont help one bit.

[thumbup]

Oh dem00n why did I not just listen to your almighty 16yr old wisdom? I had to put SD Blackouts (some sig series)in my Minarik and guess what? They get ripped out a couple of months later...and you want to know why??? Well dem00n will clarify...

At least the guitar as some nice hardware...I bet the woods are pretty decent but I cant judge that from here..Those inlays just kill it for me though...

[thumbup]

Oh dem00n why did I not just listen to your almighty 16yr old wisdom? I had to put SD Blackouts (some sig series)in my Minarik and guess what? They get ripped out a couple of months later...and you want to know why??? Well dem00n will clarify...

At least the guitar as some nice hardware...I bet the woods are pretty decent but I cant judge that from here..Those inlays just kill it for me though...

I'm not lying when i say they are really toneless. They are great for guitars under $200 and leave it like that.

Pisses me off when i see a great guitar with EMG's.

Its a ESP not the LTD brand, the OFR also adds into the price, and finally the Kirk Signature name added to it. The LTD version of that model with same pups and black finish and regular floyd rose tremolo is right at $1,000.00 without a HSC.

It's also a neck through...

Really, I missed that detail; sorry. That's different because Kirk prefers bolt on or at least his guitars used to be all bolt on necks. I love the feel of a neck through; I think thats the appeal of the LP Access. I know its not neck through but a good bit of the heel is removed so there is easier access to the upper neck. I wish there was a real music shop within 100 miles of me, its such a pain to go to even GC which is over 120 miles away for the closest one. It would be nice to be able to cruise there and play some of these newer Gibsons.

Yep and it has scalloped fretboard ( I am assuming) from 17 fret -24th

• Neck-Thru-Body Construction
  • 25.5" Scale
  • Alder Body
  • Maple Neck
  • Rosewood Fingerboard
  • 42mm Locking Nut
  • Extra Thin U Neck Contour
  • 24 XJ Frets (#17-24 Scalloped)
  • Black Hardware
  • Gotoh Tuners
  • Floyd Rose Original Bridge
  • EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) Active p.u.
  • Finish: GB (Greenburst)

I played a guitar with scalloped frets and really did not like it. Maybe because it was a local guy who did it; I can see the advantage to playing leads.

I think if they aren't too deep and only on the higher frets it might be alright... I'm not into the Yngwie scalloped neck at all...

I think if they aren't too deep and only on the higher frets it might be alright... I'm not into the Yngwie scalloped neck at all...

I have three guitars with scalloped boards, and they play great. Certainly it does take some acclimating to adjust your touch, but it sure smooths out the vibrato and it makes bending feel so effortlessly. [thumbup]

Archived