Gibson Brands Forums

Any Heike fans here?

jaxson50

I wonder if that's the young woman featured in a Youtube Segovia master class where he's telling her she _can_ make a stretch on the fingerboard that she had done a substitute fingering on...

m

I wonder if that's the young woman featured in a Youtube Segovia master class where he's telling her she _can_ make a stretch on the fingerboard that she had done a substitute fingering on...

m

I just looked it up because I couldn't remember, but Segovia left us in 1987, some 24 years ago and Heike got her diploma in 93. So she must have been around 19 then, so it is very unlikely unless she was a very young child in the class?

Like a lot of women in classical music, in all her biographical information she has the month and day she was born but not the year LOL!

Matt

Matt,

Yup... that's the one I was thinking about and yup, the timing's wrong.

I think I have a Heike vid downloaded from about a year ago and I also have the master class downloaded... <grin>

So now I wonder about that young woman.

m

Matt,

Yup... that's the one I was thinking about and yup, the timing's wrong.

I think I have a Heike vid downloaded from about a year ago and I also have the master class downloaded... <grin>

So now I wonder about that young woman.

m

You sound like a man on a mission!

Msatt

I think she's really cute and attractive!

Love to have her play my Firebird V.

She didn't take up guitar till she was 18, her teacher was Pepe Romero, she took master classes with Manuel Barrueco, Alvaro Pierri, David Russel and Leo Brouwer, I'm sure she could play a Firebird V.

Makes me wonder how many American players even know who Pepe is? Or even know of the Romero family? I would hope most do but I doubt it...

He may be the best classical player of our time...I think in Spain he is as well known as Clapton!

Archived