Gibson Brands Forums

Some advice

Enmitygauged

Im am not an effects pedal guy. But for a few songs I was thinking a reverb pedal might be good. I have spoken to a few friends who use pedals and they advised using a Delay pedal instead. I have been looking at the TC electronic Flashback http://www.tcelectronic.com/flashback.asp any thoughts suggestions would be greatly appreciated..[biggrin]

echo park or m9/m13 by line 6 all great pedals plus about the m13 you can run four delays at a time and you just tape one buttun and it syncs them all up and you can make them diferent intervels to like dotted eitgh quater anything you want really great pedal i love it(:

Your friends have some good advice. You can use a delay in place of a reverb but you cannot use a reverb in place of a delay.

You can set the decay time on the delay to sound similar to some reverb sounds. The added benefit is when you want/need a delay you already have one.

My suggestion is to buy a delay that you can save your own programs - set one up for a delay sound and another for reverb effect. That is the one thing I wish I would have paid extra for - to be able to set/store programs.

I bought the TC Electronics Nova Repeater when I wish I would have bought the Nova Delay

TC makes great stuff no matter what you buy.

Your friends have some good advice. You can use a delay in place of a reverb but you cannot use a reverb in place of a delay.

You can set the decay time on the delay to sound similar to some reverb sounds. The added benefit is when you want/need a delay you already have one.

My suggestion is to buy a delay that you can save your own programs - set one up for a delay sound and another for reverb effect. That is the one thing I wish I would have paid extra for - to be able to set/store programs.

I bought the TC Electronics Nova Repeater when I wish I would have bought the Nova Delay

TC makes great stuff no matter what you buy.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I will try the Flashback tonight and at rehearsal tomorrow and see how it goes. I will take a look around for the others some I dont think we can get here.

I tried the TC electronic last night at rehearsals, It wasn't bad I'm not sold on it yet it took a lot of fiddling to get the right sound ( I'm still not sure I got it ). I found using it on reverse delay worked the best for me to get a reverb sound... I might try the EH Holy grail next rehearsal

Archived