Gibson Brands Forums

I'll take seven . . .

canon_mutant

http://community.musiciansfriend.com/community/private-reserve/guitar-of-the-week?source=NNL1H3

Imagine being back in the custom shop deciding exactly where to pummel the poor guitar next?

Sigh . . . what a waste of an otherwise perfectly good Strat.

Kinda makes me think about the ASPCA commercials on abused animals.

Please give to help protect the defenseless from this senseless abuse!

They must sell them though or they wouldn't keep doing it.

http://community.mus...k?source=NNL1H3

Imagine being back in the custom shop deciding exactly where to pummel the poor guitar next?

Sigh . . . what a waste of an otherwise perfectly good Strat.

Kinda makes me think about the ASPCA commercials on abused animals.

Please give to help protect the defenseless from this senseless abuse!

They must sell them though or they wouldn't keep doing it.

I kinda like that one.... [blush]

To me, a bad reason to buy a guitar is because one of your idols uses it

A worse reason is because one of your idols uses it, and it's the same color as the one he uses

An even worse reason is because its the same color as the one he uses, and it had been artificially scratched and worn to look even more similar

IT WONT MAKE YOU SOUND 1/100th of 1% BETTER AS A PLAYER.

Save the money and take a few lessons form a good pro. it will do a lot more for you than the scratches will.

To me, a bad reason to buy a guitar is because one of your idols uses it

A worse reason is because one of your idols uses it, and it's the same color as the one he uses

An even worse reason is because its the same color as the one he uses, and it had been artificially scratched and worn to look even more similar

IT WONT MAKE YOU SOUND 1/100th of 1% BETTER AS A PLAYER.

Save the money and take a few lessons form a good pro. it will do a lot more for you than the scratches will.

It won't?? Really?? I'm crushed....

I still like the guitar though.

It won't?? Really?? I'm crushed....

I still like the guitar though.

Yeah i guess after playing fro 30 years I would have realized that there is no "Magic" guitar.... I still like it too.... [flapper][thumbup][biggrin]

I like relic guitars, it takes skill to do something like that to a new guitar.

I guess i respect them, which others cant because their huge ego's deny something new in the guitar world.

What? Please tell me this was a joke?

It does not take skill to scrape the finish off a guitar and put a bunch of dings in it.

And, it's not new, it's a 70's era reissue Strat, kinda sorta, that someone beat up and put in the Dimarzios Yngwie uses.

We can disagree on whether we like this or not, but my not liking it has little to do with the size of my ego.

A luthier friend of mine said Relics started as a way for guitar companies to use up their Q.A. rejected parts.

And, you can have one for only $12,500!

Sorry a big [thumbdn] IMO.

What? Please tell me this was a joke?

It does not take skill to scrape the finish off a guitar and put a bunch of dings in it.

And, it's not new, it's a 70's era reissue Strat, kinda sorta, that someone beat up and put in the Dimarzios Yngwie uses.

We can disagree on whether we like this or not, but my not liking it has little to do with the size of my ego.

A luthier friend of mine said Relics started as a way for guitar companies to use up their Q.A. rejected parts.

And, you can have one for only $12,500!

Sorry a big [thumbdn] IMO.

Really now?

It's not an easy thing, these guys do it by hand and theres tons of detail to it.

Sure the road worn guitars are reliced, but not as heavy as this.

I can see why everyone talks out of their *** when they think its easy but why do you think i seen so many failed relic projects on Ebay and Cragislist?

It's not.

Really now?

It's not an easy thing, these guys do it by hand and theres tons of detail to it.

Sure the road worn guitars are reliced, but not as heavy as this.

I can see why everyone talks out of their *** when they think its easy but why do you think i seen so many failed relic projects on Ebay and Cragislist?

It's not.

Time Relicing a guitar correctly really is an art. By this I mean the techniques of accelerated aging not just beating the shite out of a guitar with a chain. If it isn't done correctly it looks very obvious and "fake" I wouldn't pay a bunch of money to buy one like that but I do like the way this one looks.

Here is a great example...

I really like how he "aged" the fretboard and UV'd the nitro to fade around the pick guard, knobs etc...

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/luthiers-corner/123788-mlp-bartlett-build-9.html

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/luthiers-corner/123788-mlp-bartlett-build-14.html

My old beat up white strat has a DiMarzio because years ago my dog pee'd on it and it ruined the pup. I wonder how much that should add to the value.

It is a good thing I am not famous. People everywhere would be peeing on their strats.

My old beat up white strat has a DiMarzio because years ago my dog pee'd on it and it ruined the pup. I wonder how much that should add to the value.

It is a good thing I am not famous. People everywhere would be peeing on their strats.

You could have put Pee 90's in it! [biggrin]

Peeing ruined your pup? did you take him to the vet?

Archived