Gibson Brands Forums

Man I just got told off on YouTube

duane v

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANDY:

For such a goofy guy with a BUTTROCK history, you sure say some wise stuff.

I fully get that. Helping someone and actually putting forth effort to help is rewarding, but when the one you are trying to help does not UTILIZE your help...whatever.

EDIT: like RETRO said.

Look duane, if you'd like I could send some ada boys out to do a little persuadin'. Yunz guys know what I mean right. Anybody even tinks about touchin dos hans a gold and der libel to end up sleepin wit da fishes.eusa_naughty.gif

Yea, I hear you. Teach the guy how to play. Nothing wrong with that. If you are gonna be a musician, you got to show him what how it is supposed to be.

Show him what you got in the trunk of the Caddy. I got Guitar, an amp, a couple 5 gallon buckets, 2 sacks of concrete, a shovel, and a pair or wingtip shoes and a coat.

Know what I'm saying? Just asking. which shoes does a musician wear?

Guest farnsbarns

You could make a video of yourself playing it bar by bar with a cd player remote on one knee and a guitar on the other. Call it, "how to learn the Maggie May solo.

(btw, when I say one knee I don't mean heather mccartney, I mean balanced on one of your knees for easy access.) [lol]

You could make a video of yourself playing it bar by bar with a cd player remote on one knee and a guitar on the other. Call it, "how to learn the Maggie May solo.

(btw, when I say one knee I don't mean heather mccartney, I mean balanced on one of your knees for easy access.) [lol]

I was just thinking of shooting a quick vid of me playing the solo very slow acapella, with the camera fixed on the fretboard.

I know I don't owe this individual anything, but I guess it's a way of giving back, considering all the pros that helped me when I was younger, plus I can hope the vid will help more than just him.....

Hell I should get the vid right within 5 takes [biggrin] ....argggh... me and record buttons [scared]

I'm with the "ignore him" camp. As a professor I get requests all the time about some clarification of theory I wrote in some journal paper. A lot of times they are too lazy to reprogram my theory so they'll ask for my computer code that I made up for the simulation. Most of these requests are from foreigners so I use the old ITAR excuse.

But sometimes they really want to understand what I did and that's fine. Most often the conversations go fine, but once in a while they go pretty much like your episode. I try to be polite but they just keep bugging me. After a few of these I realized that it's just best to ignore them.

ANDY:

For such a goofy guy with a BUTTROCK history, you sure say some wise stuff.

I fully get that. Helping someone and actually putting forth effort to help is rewarding, but when the one you are trying to help does not UTILIZE your help...whatever.

EDIT: like RETRO said.

Goofy???? BUTTROCK history??? [glare][blink] ;) Apparently you're getting quite comfortable here... I think you got some splainin' to do buddy.... B)

I was just thinking of shooting a quick vid of me playing the solo very slow acapella, with the camera fixed on the fretboard.

I know I don't owe this individual anything, but I guess it's a way of giving back, considering all the pros that helped me when I was younger, plus I can hope the vid will help more than just him.....

Hell I should get the vid right within 5 takes [biggrin] ....argggh... me and record buttons [scared]

](*,)[thumbdn]#-o

](*,)[thumbdn]#-o

Ya I know it seems like I'm folding [blush]

But this individual might find their way over here, and I don't want this one to end up front page on the lounge... I think it would just be simpler to acquiesce and move on

Ya I know it seems like I'm folding [blush]

But this individual might find their way over here, and I don't want this one to end up front page on the lounge... I think it would just be simpler to acquiesce and move on

You do what you feel is right.... But if he brings that attitude with him here I doubt he will be around long...

I'll lend u my ban button [biggrin]

A Ban Button would be AWESOME! I would rather have one that does the old Boxing glove on a spring bit. Push the button and a boxing glove comes flying out of the screen and pops them in the nose....

A Ban Button would be AWESOME! I would rather have one that does the old Boxing glove on a spring bit. Push the button and a boxing glove comes flying out of the screen and pops them in the nose....

[laugh][laugh] ..... A GETS SMART gizmo would be cool

Guest farnsbarns

What was the users YouTube name? I have a feeling its probably a troll.

I'll bet you a large sum of money that Duane is not going to give that info out!

Lol Probably not he is WAY too kind of a guy, look someone insulted him for absolutely no reason and yet he is considering still helping him...hmmmmm who is the bigger man in this situation! I mean if I emailed EVH and was like your a dink for not giving me guitar lessons for free I am pretty sure some lawyers would come a knocking! I wanted to browse some of his posts and see if it was a true troll, its the one thing I REALLY hate about YouTube but give the masses anonymity and they get stupid.

Send him a link to losers.com

I'm not into attacking someones character, especially if that someone is frustrated.... so why escalate it....

I have the opportunity to help control the situation.... Hopefully with what I give him, it will help

Guest farnsbarns

I'm not into attacking someones character, especially if that someone is frustrated.... so why escalate it....

I have the opportunity to help control the situation.... Hopefully with what I give him, it will help

Duane, you are too nice, really. I have a couple of friends like you, just ridiculously nice people. It's good mostly but that guy is just gonna be even more rude to the next person who politely declines to give him something for nothing.

Tell the would be student that from his deplorable behavior, he obviously doesn't have the patience to learn guitar. Any teacher would be doing himself a disservice by teaching him. Maybe he should take up kazoo.

You are a good dude Duane.

I would at least ask how he plans to pay it forward or what he has given to the world. At least a short essay on what makes him deserving of something for nothing. You may be teaching him a good lesson about how to play guitar but you are also teaching him a very bad lesson that if you whine and call people names you can get your way....

+1 for you for your patience and tolerance...

Andy

Archived